Seat Pedestal Issue

I pulled up on my seat and it did not come out of the pedestal. Instead the entire pedestal pulled out with seat still attached. Usually, it is hard to hold in the release button on the pedestal and at the same time pull the pedestal out. In any event, I looked down and saw a plastic piece laying on the floor. Evidently, when I pulled I broke the mechanism that locks the pedestal in place for safety while running. Now the pedestal will go in and is operational but does not lock in place. Figures, after months of fighting to get the pedestal out each time now it won't lock in. Supposedly there is an easy fix and Tim at Phoenix is sending replacement part. I have no idea how there is a fix since the part was down in the pedestal hole. Anyone else ever see this issue and the fix.

2. Member
    gotta remove the cup, it's glued in

gotta glue in the replacement cub, it comes with glue, and it comes with wooden plug to hammer on, then hammer into hole in fiberglass deck.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    I broke the black post latch on my pedestal. Found one on Amazon and replacing it was a breeze. Took maybe 5 minutes.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Fish View Post
    I broke the black post latch on my pedestal. Found one on Amazon and replacing it was a breeze. Took maybe 5 minutes.
    Here is a pic of the broken piece that came out. Do you fix by just gluing in a new one?

5. Member
    Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Pic
    That is the bottom of the cup. The broken cup has to be removed, then the new cup glued and inserted.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

7. Member
    How do you remove the old cup?

8. Member
    hammer and chisle

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

9. Member
    How much of the glue did you use? I applied to the splines, rim and underneath but only used about 1/4 of the nail polish container. The glue was so thick it was drying as fast as I put it on the brush.

10. Member
    Yeah plastic ring isn't strong enough to activate the hook on pole . Sure alot of people don't realize that they have broke as well . Mine were broke when buying boat . Poor design at best . Luckily they fit tightly . Hope you got yours fixed.

11. Member
    Fixed mine. Not the easiest thing. You have to chisel out a V and then use a small pry bar to break the seal and then it pops out. Put the new one in with plenty of glue. First time out the new one broke just like the prior one. I think it broke from the weight of my big butt in the seat as I was careful pulling out. Getting the second one out much harder as I guess I used more glue than the factory. Just put the 3rd in. Fingers crossed and I will be extra careful when removing the pedestal to make sure the hook is fully retracted..