Need some lower thoughts please, 2013 21XRD, 2013 250 Pro XS

SN 1B705050, TMaster, big shaft, 1.75. Got some nice sparkles in the foot oil, may be shredded, mechanic is checking it now.

Anyway, was planning to swap to a sporty eventually, can someone give me thoughts on:

- What year model/HP, etc.. sporty's will fit a '13 250 ProXs?
    - I assume the gearing would ideally still be 1.75 for that boat too?
    - Best places to look for one used? (Will swap to a new v8 when this one blows so don't want to buy new)

I love to fish, and go fast, but I'm pretty lacking in LU knowledge so any thoughts are much appreciated from my more knowledgeable Bullet brothers...

h

2. Member
    I wouldn't put a sporty on a 21/250 combo. With the 250 TM your good to mid 80's and it will carry the boat much better than the sporty. Lots of guys on here with more experience with this than me but this is my thoughts.

3. Member
    Thanks Kyle. Could certainly be the case that it's better to stay with the TM, appreciate the info.

4. Member
    Tom at bullet said dont use the Sportmaster with the 250 even the 250 R, he said it will not carry the nose of the boat, which I am sure is due to the sporty needing to be completely above pad. He said a regular 250 with Torquemaster or #300R with sporty.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter35745 View Post
    Tom at bullet said dont use the Sportmaster with the 250 even the 250 R, he said it will not carry the nose of the boat, which I am sure is due to the sporty needing to be completely above pad. He said a regular 250 with Torquemaster or #300R with sporty.
    This is exactly what I was told when I bought my boat in Kentucky at the dealer.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

6. Member
    I ran one on a 2004 21XDC with a 250XS, 1:62's only problem I had was if it was hot and I had it really loaded down with a go fast prop, didn't want to get out of the hole, other than that, it was fine