Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Now the repaired weld is split wide open 2 feet long. Going on 2 weeks still no word from the dealer. Making a call this week.

2. Member
    Feel your pain brother seems like Ranger sees how long they can put you off and maybe you will just go away

3. Member
    My 2014 Rt188 has been welded a few times locally due to a cracked hull. It went back to Ranger. This year it cracked again, had it welded to get a few of my scheduled trips in. Just returned Friday and believe it or not, it is cracked again. Cracked in the area Ranger repaired. I sure hope they replace my the hull this time. My dealer is great, but they can only do so much. My next boat will not be a tin Ranger, which is unfortunate because I really like my RT188.

On the brighter side, we caught a lot of fish last week. Been a great year so far. Biggest smallmouth in the boat was a 5.13.
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfd455 View Post
    My 2014 Rt188 has been welded a few times locally due to a cracked hull. It went back to Ranger. This year it cracked again, had it welded to get a few of my scheduled trips in. Just returned Friday and believe it or not, it is cracked again. Cracked in the area Ranger repaired. I sure hope they replace my the hull this time. My dealer is great, but they can only do so much. My next boat will not be a tin Ranger, which is unfortunate because I really like my RT188.

On the brighter side, we caught a lot of fish last week. Been a great year so far. Biggest smallmouth in the boat was a 5.13.
    I just got word from my dealer on Friday that the boat is going back to the factory. Ranger warranty dept had denied it, but my dealer got their Rep involved and he came down to look at the boat, now it’s going back. No word on what they plan to do as far as repair or replace. I’m hoping they replace. I can’t see how repair would work unless they rip up the floor and actually re brace it.

5. Member
    They re-braced mine and it has cracked twice since.
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

6. Member
    Once they crack they never go back I have been around lots of tin boats and most of them are cracked somewhere. Happens to most brands cheap aluminum bad welding and overpowering are the culprits IMO.

7. Member
    Ranger service does a great job if you need a replacement toggle switch ( which you can buy anywhere ) anything else your screwed gonna be a 6 month argument while they hope you get tired of dealing with their BS and go away . I feel for all y'all that have issues that need to be addressed by WRM ...might as well talk you boat into fixing it's self!

Quote Originally Posted by dkeppler1087 View Post
    So I’m posting this here to get some advice/insight on the process I’m about to embark on. I’m hoping that someone else has experienced this and can let me know how it was handled. I’ll start by saying this because from seeing other threads, I know what is coming. My boat doesn’t look brand new on the bottom, I have never once hit anything with this boat, lower unit/prop are pristine. I do however beach my boat at lakes that don’t have a dock, and it’s a sand bottom, I have never beached it on a ramp or rock. The finish on these boats is less than stellar. I was out fishing yesterday and noticed water when I ran my bilge, I would run it empty and then a half hour later it would run again for another 1 minute or so. When I got home I got under the boat and found that my hull was cracked about a foot long on the weld. Here is one picture of the crack. My dealer is closed on Sunday’s and Monday’s so I have yet to reach out to them. Any advice/ insight on what kind of a process this will be would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    I posted on here last year about my 2017 RT 198P having the same issue. They repaired it. I hope you took a ton a pictures because when my boat came back I had things broken on the boat that where fine when it went there but came back to me broken. Some had nothing to do with the area they worked on.

Fast forward to last week and the repaired weld has given again and I am no starting the process again with them. I was holding off on making a video on my Ranger Warranty experience until everything was handled which just happened right before this weld broke again. I know used it maybe 15 days on the water total this year. Day job has been keeping me off the water.

But now with this whole deal I am thinking I will have to make this video cause this SAGA is going to get long!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    I posted on here last year about my 2017 RT 198P having the same issue. They repaired it. I hope you took a ton a pictures because when my boat came back I had things broken on the boat that where fine when it went there but came back to me broken. Some had nothing to do with the area they worked on.

Fast forward to last week and the repaired weld has given again and I am no starting the process again with them. I was holding off on making a video on my Ranger Warranty experience until everything was handled which just happened right before this weld broke again. I know used it maybe 15 days on the water total this year. Day job has been keeping me off the water.

But now with this whole deal I am thinking I will have to make this video cause this SAGA is going to get long!
    Yeah so basically for me it took 5 months just for their warranty department to approve/pay for a repair weld by a local welder to me. That only lasted about 2 or 3 trips before it busted wide open. Now they’re taking it back to the factory but haven’t said if they’re gonna repair the hull or replace it. Funniest part is that when my dealer told them about the repair weld cracking they still denied the warranty claim. It took my dealers rep getting involved to get them to take the boat back.

10. Member
    Yeah so basically for me it took 5 months just for their warranty department to approve/pay for a repair weld by a local welder to me. That only lasted about 2 or 3 trips before it busted wide open. Now they’re taking it back to the factory but haven’t said if they’re gonna repair the hull or replace it. Funniest part is that when my dealer told them about the repair weld cracking they still denied the warranty claim. It took my dealers rep getting involved to get them to take the boat back.
    If it's like mine they will repair it not replace it.

I have been getting a lot of help from the Michigan Sales Rep. I will be recapping this Ranger Warranty experience in a video on my channel. I have kept detailed notes and lots of pictures. I just went and weighted the whole rig today so we can save us all sometime in figuring out how to go about things. I have two out comes right now I would prefer but with anything in life you catch more with honey then you do with salt.

12. Member
    pulling for your preferred outcomes keep us all posted thx

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinrat View Post
    I have been getting a lot of help from the Michigan Sales Rep. I will be recapping this Ranger Warranty experience in a video on my channel. I have kept detailed notes and lots of pictures. I just went and weighted the whole rig today so we can save us all sometime in figuring out how to go about things. I have two out comes right now I would prefer but with anything in life you catch more with honey then you do with salt.
    You never apply the salt.....your attorney does. Man, it sure sounds like it's about time for him/her to, at the very least, get the salt ready. As others have said, I sure hope it all turns out great for you in the end.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234