Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh yeah, no I feel your pain on the bottom scratching. Here is a picture of the bottom of my G3 after one year. Granted we are located on the rocky Susquehanna so when we beach, we beach on to rocks most of the time, the first picture is of the boat flipped over and the second is after getting a 1/4 inch poly bottom sprayed on. Not suggesting you do the same its just we run real skinny water and hit a lot of rocks.BottomScratches.jpgIMG954339.jpg

But yeah, a crack like that would make me lose my mind especially when you can clearly see on yours there is no impact damage, just a bad weld coupled with flexing of the hull. You would think it would be a no brainer that it was rangers fault.
    2015 G3 1860 CCJ -Poly sprayed bottom
    2015 Yamaha 90/65 Jet
    Run skinny, not scared!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobothewizard View Post
    Oh yeah, no I feel your pain on the bottom scratching. Here is a picture of the bottom of my G3 after one year. Granted we are located on the rocky Susquehanna so when we beach, we beach on to rocks most of the time, the first picture is of the boat flipped over and the second is after getting a 1/4 inch poly bottom sprayed on. Not suggesting you do the same its just we run real skinny water and hit a lot of rocks.BottomScratches.jpgIMG954339.jpg

But yeah, a crack like that would make me lose my mind especially when you can clearly see on yours there is no impact damage, just a bad weld coupled with flexing of the hull. You would think it would be a no brainer that it was rangers fault.
    Yeah I don’t get how ranger/white river didn’t just agree to fix it in the first place. It the grand scheme of things it’s pennies to them, and now they have lost a customer for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by dkeppler1087 View Post
    Yeah I don’t get how ranger/white river didn’t just agree to fix it in the first place. It the grand scheme of things it’s pennies to them, and now they have lost a customer for a lifetime.
    As well as who knows how many other people who read about it on the internet.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Between this post and what I saw on the bottom of a brand new 198p this afternoon at our cabelas, I'm gonna check out an xpress.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

Speaking from experience here. Odds are you have a weld or two broken inside as well. I recently got my boat back from the factory for a 24 inch long crank just like this in the same general area. Once Ranger got my boat it took about 8 weeks to get it back. Keep in mind I was calling every week for an update and also had a Sales Rep in my state on this. When I got it back I found things broken that were not broken when it went down there. Take pictures of every inch of the boat inside and out. Keep a log of phone calls and what was talked about and who it was with. I am still waiting for replacement parts to come in for the things that had been damaged at the factory during the repair.
    Last edited by raisinrat; 01-17-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Some - A VERY FEW - aluminum boats will have a problem with a crack. It is going to happen. Of the thousands and thousands of these boats made ----- there are going to be some that have a problem. Fiberglass boats have problems too. Outboard engines have problems sometimes. Trolling motors have problems sometimes. EVERYTHING that you manufacture thousands and thousands of... Will sometimes have a problem. It's going to happen.

It is a defining factor of manufacturer customer service and satisfaction of how they handle the problem. I was a big fan of Ranger boats having owned a few and getting great service from the boat as well as from the factory. That was before it was sold. I would not be as confident of being treated as well if I had a problem now since Ranger was sold.

You are going to see a few boats that crack. I think it is very very very few. You just see the problems discussed here. The thousands and thousands of boats without a problem don't post here and the vast majority of boat owners are not even reading BBC. It is how the problem is addressed. They need to do better - but since the sale they probably won't.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

7. Member
    Update :

So white river paid to have the cracked spot re welded, took a while to get everything set up but once they figured out someone local to me to do the repair work it was fast. Got the boat back Thursday and took it out. Ran it around and fished some and noticed I was taking in water again, not a ton but some and my boat always ran dry prior to this crack. Was running back to the ramp figuring that the repair weld has cracked, got it on the trailer and the repair weld looked fine. Decided once I got home to fill the boat with some water from a hose and see if anything was coming out. Now I see water coming from a really hard to see crack on the other side of the keel from where it originally cracked. It was almost impossible to see before I put water in there but it was leaking from there. I’m going to call white river on Monday. I’m hoping they’re going to finally give me a new hull but I have no faith in this company to do the right thing.

8. Member
    following

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

9. Member
    Called WR today was told to drop it off at my dealer for inspection. Was also asked if I need a copy of my warranty, not sure why they would ask that.

Following

11. Member
    Following

To the OP: Your original post was on Oct. 5, 2020. It's now 7 months and 3 weeks later and the problem hasn't been resolved? One thing my Dad taught me a long time ago. When you have a problem with a product or service, make the first call to customer service. If the issue isn't resolved, talk to a supervisor. If the issue still isn't resolved, go directly to the company President. I had a problem with getting a repair done on my Optimax. I spoke with customer service and then with a supervisor. When it wasn't resolved, I sent a letter to the President of Mercury Marine, I CC'ed the President of Brunswick Corporation and the Chairman of the Board of Brunswick. Within 2 weeks Mercury Customer service called me, apologized for the run around I had been given, and the warranty repair was scheduled.

My suggestion to you is to send a letter directly to Johnny Morris. If you want to start with the President of Ranger, whoever that is now, you can start there. I would place a call to the President of Ranger and if I was not allowed to speak with him and explain the problems and run around you have gotten, then I'd send my letter directly to Johnny Morris...you might even send it registered mail.

You've put up with nearly 8 months of bullcrap. It's time to go directly to the top!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    To the OP: Your original post was on Oct. 5, 2020. It's now 7 months and 3 weeks later and the problem hasn't been resolved? One thing my Dad taught me a long time ago. When you have a problem with a product or service, make the first call to customer service. If the issue isn't resolved, talk to a supervisor. If the issue still isn't resolved, go directly to the company President. I had a problem with getting a repair done on my Optimax. I spoke with customer service and then with a supervisor. When it wasn't resolved, I sent a letter to the President of Mercury Marine, I CC'ed the President of Brunswick Corporation and the Chairman of the Board of Brunswick. Within 2 weeks Mercury Customer service called me, apologized for the run around I had been given, and the warranty repair was scheduled.

My suggestion to you is to send a letter directly to Johnny Morris. If you want to start with the President of Ranger, whoever that is now, you can start there. I would place a call to the President of Ranger and if I was not allowed to speak with him and explain the problems and run around you have gotten, then I'd send my letter directly to Johnny Morris...you might even send it registered mail.

You've put up with nearly 8 months of bullcrap. It's time to go directly to the top!
    I agree, I’m giving them one last chance to make it right. (Still waiting on the answer/solution) after that I’m demanding to speak with someone higher up.

also if someone has an address for Johnny Morris, feel free to send it my way.

Agree, it's time to take it to them. I'd also put as much pressure as I could on the dealership. Find out who owns it and the general manager and escalate the issue with them. In person works best.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Agree, it's time to take it to them. I'd also put as much pressure as I could on the dealership. Find out who owns it and the general manager and escalate the issue with them. In person works best.
    The dealer I bought it from is a small family run dealer so I’ve dealing with the owner since day 1 and they’ve been on my side since day 1. I just don’t know how much they can actually do as far as getting me a new boat. It’s just frustrating that WR can’t just send my dealer a new one without a motor etc and we can just move on from this. It’s literally a drop in the pan for them. I’d even be okay having to wait a little while. I just don’t wanna keep having to get it re welded, just for another spot to fail.

Dealer wouldn’t be able to. New hull would have a new VIN so all legal paperwork would be invalid .
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Dealer wouldn’t be able to. New hull would have a new VIN so all legal paperwork would be invalid .

From what I’ve read they have been swapping the Hull ID from old boat to new, but that could’ve changed.

18. Member
    Followed

I agree, I’m giving them one last chance to make it right. (Still waiting on the answer/solution) after that I’m demanding to speak with someone higher up.

also if someone has an address for Johnny Morris, feel free to send it my way.
    Bass Pro Shops Corporate Office Headquarters HQ. 2500 E. Kearney. Springfield, MO 65898 USA. Corporate Phone Number: 1-417-873-5000. Customer Service Number: 1-800-227-7776.

From what I’ve read they have been swapping the Hull ID from old boat to new, but that could’ve changed.
    Ranger replaced my 2014 RT188 because of a cracked hull and they used the old hull number.
    I added some things that were not available in 2014 (set back plate, auto bilge, Recirculating Livewell, bow step and changed hull colors) so I basically have a 2016 model with a 2014 hull number.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast