Guntersville in November

Going to be there first week of November, how is the fishing this
    Time of year?

2. Member
    Matted grass everywhere. Frog on top and then punch. I would start with the mats on the river channel ledges and then work back into some of the creeks. Personally I would stay between Goose Pond and a mile or two above Comer Bridge, that is plenty of area.

3. Member
    I'm following this as well. I'll be up there OCT. 31 for a small company tournament. I've never been to Guntersville in the fall and only a few times in the Spring/Summer. Most of my time is spent on the Coosa. Any advice other than grass? I hope the frog/punching deal is strong because that's what I'd like to do. Not much of that on Logan Martin.

4. Member
    How is the spotted bass fishing in fall? May drive over to jordan or mitchell while we are down there

5. Member
    The spots should be feeding pretty good on the big schools of small shad.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Spots on the Coosa River chain eat year round.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Spots on the Coosa River chain eat year round.
    X2.
    They get so shallow at Weiss, you really can't imagine until you experience it.
    But... getting the boat to them and back, in one piece, can be challenging.

8. Member
    Find the grass patches that are at the surface on the shallow channel ledges, frogs and buzzbaits will get em. Mainly around goose pond and sauty. The full mats weren’t very productive (in the areas I was at) with the frog for the 3 days I was there with the elites but a few were caught punching the outside edges of the mats but it was very sporadic. Saw more totally miss the frog than were caught on them. Few good ones were caught in the secondary’s with a jerk bait on my last day.