Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    I understand bass fishing is tough around Cincinnati. Is there any fishing for any species that's good in the area?
    There is huge Flathead and Blue Catfish in the Ohio river.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie B View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Brookville.
    I did, in 1st response.

3. Member
    Welcome to the Cincy area, I've been here for about 15 years and really not much of a fan lol. Brookville (just across the border into Indiana) is a beautiful lake with numerous bald eagles, good populations of both large and smallmouths as well as walleyes, it's pretty much the only local body of water I fish but I tell people my favorite thing about Cincy is 75 South...Cumberland, Dale Hollow, Norris, Laurel River Lake, Cave Run Lake...etc

A move to Cincinnati is in our future. Wife wants to be near our daughter and her family as we age. I'm not terribly excited about the move from a fishing standpoint and looking for some help.

I know about East Fork, but not much else. What are the best bass lakes within an hour or so drive of Milford, Ohio? Also, I have an aluminum Ranger 1782 deep v/Mercury 150 4 stroke. Will this boat be ok to fish inshore Lake Erie for small mouth/large mouth ? Best places for me to trailer to?
    Sorry Ed

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Thanks guys for the recommendations and condolences. If we stayed in NC, I promised her I'd pass first so she could sell all my toys, throw out my recliner, trash my fish and deer mounts, relinquish the remotes, and, never not listen again! I think it worked.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Thanks guys for the recommendations and condolences. If we stayed in NC, I promised her I'd pass first so she could sell all my toys, throw out my recliner, trash my fish and deer mounts, relinquish the remotes, and, never not listen again! I think it worked.
    Don't get me wrong Ed love to have you here but DON'T DO IT! I don't have many complaints with Ohio except the fishing thing and the cold is really hurting my hands in the last few years. Guess to many busted knuckles.

I'm lucky because the wife has one of those job left with good benefits and it would be a stupid move for us right now today. Once she retires I can move my operation and we're out of here. We'll end up near you or the property on the big O.

We have a small family so the kids are on board when we sell they will and are coming with us.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

You'll like Cincinnati! Glier's, Gold Star, Graeter's, Aglamesis', Ruby's ... as you can tell, this is all going in the same direction which gives you a good idea about what I like to do besides fish ... Montgomery Inn, National Exemplar, Primavista, Grand Finale ... the list goes on. The Reds are fun on a summer evening after dinner at Grandview or Behle Street. Greyhound has the best Hot Brown and on Derby weekend they'll make you a great Mint Julep. So .. if that doesn't light up your gastrointestinal juices, not much will. OH .. you didn't ask about food did you? Oh well. Good luck and enjoy our little piece of heaven. It's a great place to live.

Yep, I enjoy Cincinnati food. Skyline and Goldstar, Graeter's, and the small mom and pop restaurants in Milford and close by. There used to be a small gas station/convenience store on Ohio Pike that made the best fried bologna sandwich I ever ate. It's closed now and I can't remember it's name, but a thick slice of fried bologna, onions, mustard on white bread. Awesome!
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

9. Member
    Yep, I enjoy Cincinnati food. Skyline and Goldstar, Graeter's, and the small mom and pop restaurants in Milford and close by. There used to be a small gas station/convenience store on Ohio Pike that made the best fried bologna sandwich I ever ate. It's closed now and I can't remember it's name, but a thick slice of fried bologna, onions, mustard on white bread. Awesome!
    We enjoy living in the Cincinnati area, but for serous fishing we find our best bet is Minnesota :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12