Shopping for a 205

Hey guys I am currently shopping for a 20 footer and have a few price estimates on other boats. What is a realistic final sale price for 205 and a 20te. No options. Just boat and mercury 250 and standard options. Feel free to pm me. I am comparing against the Phoenix 20ft boats. I have ruled all other manufacturers out. I have been drooling over falcons for several years but must admit the phx series of Phoenix was impressive as well. Looking to do something by January or feb.
    2016 stratos 201 evolution, 250ho evinrude etec g2, 112 ultrex, tracker 80ah lithium’s, 8’ pp blades, atlas hydraulic jackplate, nightfishon rub rails, lowrance carbon 16 console, lowrance carbon 9, humminbird helix 9 G4’s mega+ di with mega 360,and garmin 1222 with livescope bow.

2. Member
    There’s a very nicely equipped 205 @ Bills Marine in Monett, MO for $59,900 with batteries and ready to go to the lake. 2020 model! You could probably find a left over 2020 with no added options (everything standard) for mid 50’s somewhere.

3. Member
    I am probably going to end up ordering what I want exactly, do you guys think that limits your haggle ability on price

4. Member
    It could Adam. It all depends on the dealer. I will tell you that bass boats are NOT high profit items for most dealers. (yes they are expensive) I think I got a good price on mine but at this point.. all I care about is I have it and I love it. If you want certain things a certain way, I suggest ordering it and paying the small premium so it is exactly the way you want it. You do not want the first thought to cross your mind every time you see your boat is "I wish it had XXX instead of YYY". Most of the factory boat stuff is all worth the costs and relatively low cost. Dual console, padded decks, hydraulic jackplate, dual trims on the dash, carpet or SeaDEK (more expensive) hot foot etc. are all up to you and most are priced as a reasonable upgrade cost. Trailer options are similar. Dual axels, C channel, stainless steel fenders, fold away tongue and dual brakes are the ones that spring to mind. (plus rim options) Power Poles will run 4k a pair. And sky can be the limit when it comes to adding electronics. It would be EASY to add more than the cost of all the options mentioned above in electronics costs. Electronics are also the first thing to become outdated and you will wish you could upgrade......

The sting of not having what you want and cannot be upgraded will be a bigger factor in your long term happiness than a few thousand dollars.

5. Member
    I bought my current boat in a hurry not doing that again. Just trying to get an idea of a fair offer to purchase. I got a tournament won boat on consignment that was a steal so there was very little negotiations. I will accessories to the max. I sold cars for a while so I understand what a customer feels versus a salesperson. The profit margin on a new car is far less than most people think. I don’t want to go make a stupid low or high offer on a boat. I understand profit must be made to keep the shop open and there is value in custom ordering versus floor stock. Just trying to get a feel for what’s right.

6. Member
    I’d guess if you ordered a basic brand new model 205 you’d be in the low 60’s. Then you could add what you want on your own.

7. Member
    This isnt the norm but I got mine for around 48k as a Dealer demo with less that 2 hours on it. It was a steal but I had to settle for what was on the boat. If your willing to go that route and wait for the right time you might get a better deal.

8. Member
    Went to a dealer today and looked at a predator and a 21te. The te is for me. Is it just me or is the seat in the te more comfortable

9. Member
    you can get the TE seat in the predator i believe
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

10. Member
    I just ordered a Predator on a team deal and they gave me the choice on what seat ,I went with the TE seat IMO way more comfortable.
    Brian Brown
    S2 Marine Pro Team
    Blazer Boats Pro Team
    Mercury Pro Team
    Power Pole Pro Staff

11. Member
    If I order I will be getting a 21 te with a butt seat from the 205. I like the triton/Phoenix style leaning seat far better than the fishing seat on the te. I like the traditional gauges and te seats better. Never had a day box so I won’t know what I’m missing.
    Last edited by AdamsOutdoors; 10-06-2020 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Sp