10-3-20 binder fishing report.

Started 6:30 with top water no bites, then spinner baits, chatter bait, swim bait jerkbait no bites. Friend finally got a dandy 4.92 with a orange rattle trap. About 9am we started to get a few bites on a chatter bait and top water spook right next to the bank. We covered a lot of water getting a few 10” bass here and there. But very slow. Water temp 61* at end of day. We Finally got in a small school by the dock about 10 small Bass by the beaver looking pile. After that ran the dam again and through a Rock crawler right on the bank and got a 10” bass ever time. The lake is probably 3ft low. Over all it was a fun time but if we didn’t stick that big girl it would have been a disappointment. I spent a lot of time on the few brush piles that we all know are there and didn’t get anything other than 2 14” fish out of them. I know that place has been hammered super hard the last few years, probably taken it’s toll I guess. I think there’s still good fish there but we didn’t catch them today.

681D88D9-60CE-4819-81B8-B419D8FE6A35.jpeg
    83154977-2C2D-487D-8D41-18687FFBC120.jpeg

2. Member
    Thanks again for another great report! Hope to get out soon and enjoy some fall feeding!

I haven’t fished Binder in 25 years. Last time I fished it, the ramp ( a cut in the bank) was dirt. It was very early spring, cold,wet, high winds, got blown off of Icaria. Went to Binder and caught a boat load of Crappies

4. Member
    Lol. There’s a concrete ramp and a dock there now. I’ve caught a few nice pan fish there but most of them have been to small to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I haven’t fished Binder in 25 years. Last time I fished it, the ramp ( a cut in the bank) was dirt. It was very early spring, cold,wet, high winds, got blown off of Icaria. Went to Binder and caught a boat load of Crappies
    Wow, it was 1985, it was 35 years ago. Daymn

6. Member
    I was only 4yr old in 1985 :-)