Thread: Testosterone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Testosterone

Back in Feb of this year I stopped taking my T shots. Got tired of being stuck by a needle and just really wasn’t liking the idea anymore. I continued to work out as I normally did and I also started to eat even cleaner. My workout consist of 6 lifts for upper body and 6 lifts for lower body. One week is 3 days of lower and 2 days of upper, then the following week I switch to 3 days of upper, 2 days of lower. I also lift in a fasted state, it’s not as hard as you think either. My body fat and puffy look have gone away and my strength is the same as it was.

My energy levels feel the same as when I was on T. Anyone else stop taking T shots and had any issues? I really don’t plan on going back on the T and I figure after 7 months of stopping I’d notice a negative difference as we have always heard you lose when you stop. So far that has not been my experience.

Did you get blood work done after?

3. Banned
    Have you tried the gel? I hate needles, use the gel, its 70 bucks a month with a goodRx coupon since insurance won't cover it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
    Did you get blood work done after?
    I have not. Check the T levels to see if they have gone down?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Have you tried the gel? I hate needles, use the gel, its 70 bucks a month with a goodRx coupon since insurance won't cover it.
    No sir. Not really planning on it. I am trying to limit the amount of things I put in my body. I’ve noticed positive differences and I am not taking any medication or sinus meds. I’ve eliminated those items and have not had any impacts.

6. Member
    Well my nuts got big again after I stop taking them lol

7. Banned
    What's your level now? How's your sex drive?
    If you feel fine and have a good sex drive and don't cry when the wife wants to watch a girly movie is just stop taking it. As long as labs aren't in the 200s then just pass.

Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    I have not. Check the T levels to see if they have gone down?
    Not just to see if the test levels decreased but to see your estrogen levels, lipids, etc...

I’m on gel now for 4 months now and my monthly cost is $30. Guess I have good insurance that covers this. Bottle says 3-4 hundred retail. Can’t remember. I’m 43 and my sex drive is like a 20 year old. Wife loves it. Energy is was better and I don’t have elbow or knee issues like I did before. Was a blessing.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

Keep an eye on your PSA levels.....T supplements can act as fertilizer for Prostate cancer. Not saying it will happen just keep an eye out and have your PSA tested while doing blood work

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

11. Banned
    Try some Maca™ and Kava™ in Your copious daily water intake.. I found a tasty flavor @Chinamart™ yesterday

Stay Hydrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Keep an eye on your PSA levels.....T supplements can act as fertilizer for Prostate cancer. Not saying it will happen just keep an eye out and have your PSA tested while doing blood work
    That would suck......

I had my thyroid partially removed and that did a number on my body. I’ve gained about 100lbs and I didn’t have the energy to get up and do anything. It was awful. So, I got on synthroid and started taking “T” gel, it didn’t work then I tried another type of “T”gel and that didn’t work either. So I did a DRug DNA test and it showed that my body wasn’t absorbing certain drugs and other drugs holding them in for too long and then it showed what drugs my body would work well with. So I started taking “T” shots every 14 days and it was going great, but then I noticed certain muscles would stay rock hard all the time and I’d have to take muscle relaxers and it kept getting worse, and then my legs started staying rock hard all the time and I couldn’t hardly move them and my blood work was showing a level that had my doctor worried I might have the onset of MS or a rare muscle disease. So I automatically stopped taking my “T” shots and it got better. The doctors said , they didn’t know what happened ,that I must’ve gotten alllergic to the “T” shots. They said it can sometimes happen. I need testosterone because before I was taking it I was below 100. I haven’t had bloodwork since I got off of it because of the whole Covid thing. I haven’t been to the doctors office. Muscle cramps are gone, thank goodness.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    Well my nuts got big again after I stop taking them lol
    you must not drive fast in choppy water!! thats a whole other reason for the T... nothing like landing on one or both nuts after hitting a wakeboard boats wake

Much of your recovery will depend on your age, intrinsic levels prior to starting, the duration and aggressiveness of your treatment......just to name a few.

I am all for responsible and appropriate replacement as needed when utilized along with lifestyle changes when necessitated.
    2001 Mercury Optimax 225
    0T344965
    2000 Mercury ELPTO 125
    0T072885

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.T View Post
    you must not drive fast in choppy water!! thats a whole other reason for the T... nothing like landing on one or both nuts after hitting a wakeboard boats wake
    That’s funny! I really didn’t need it. I just wanted to get jacked up. After I was on it for a month I started to put on a lot of muscle. Was in the best shape of my life at 42 but my wife didn’t like it. I wanted it 8 days week. My sex drive was already above normal before taking it. Well FFwd to Covid and the shut down. Gyms were are all closed, I stopped taking the test. Haven’t worked out in 6 months and have gained 40 pounds. I’m ready to lose some weight and start lifting again.

17. Member
    I'm 34 and was taking it a few years ago. Test results were like 210. I started out with clomid and responded really well. Levels went to like 675. Dr didnt want me running it long term. Decided to try test cyp shots once a week. Levels the day before shot was 700 or so. Had trouble with estrogen levels with both so I took an ai. After about a month my nuts started atrophy and it went down hill from there. I started having anxiety and psychological issues like crazy. Also on cyp shots my rbc and hematocrit got too high. Been off of everything for 3 years I think. Last levels I checked were 300 ish. Ive had trouble with bad anxiety every since.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    That’s funny! I really didn’t need it. I just wanted to get jacked up. After I was on it for a month I wanted it 8 days week.

Isn't taking testosterone 8x a day kinda overdoing it?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Isn't taking testosterone 8x a day kinda overdoing it?
    Lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Try some Maca™ and Kava™ in Your copious daily water intake.. I found a tasty flavor @Chinamart™ yesterday

Stay Hydrated...
    Are you aware of this? There are some BIG safety concerns about kava. Many cases of liver damage and even some deaths have been traced to kava use. As a result, kava has been bannedfrom the market in Europe and Canada. This ban has hurt the economies of Pacific Island countries that export kava
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast