Tracker 195 with spitfire x7 19 pitch problems??

Installed a new spitfire on my 4 stroke 115 and thought I had,have a motor problem. The motor runs great trimmed down and trimmed up for speed but would shake like a miss in the motor at midrange. Changed oil and installed new plugs thinking maybe I got a bad plug, and had 10 hours on the motor but changed nothing. Then I read and watched a video in the mercury section and the poster was told it was the prop cavitating at a certain rpm, trim. My 115 is mounted in the second hole with a pad to prop of 4 inches. What’s your thoughts...thank you

2. Member
    Bring to the dealer immediately. I had bought a factory prepped 2011 Lowe Stinger HP and it porpoised at any trim level. It was discovered that the motor was installed in a 1/4" canted starboard position.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    My dealer is 2 hours away and other dealers say 2 week wait

4. Member
    When I put the spitfire X7 on mine it took me awhile to figure out I was over trimming it on a aluminum boat

5. Member
    Took the boat out today and ran my x7 prop, 3 blade 21 pitch prop and the black max 21 pitch that came with the boat. X7 19 ran the fastest but the two stainless shook the worst. I have come to the conclusion it is prop cavitation. Trimming up and down at a certain rpm creates it

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Is the white prop bore ring still in there good and tight? The tabs on mine wore out and made the ring pop loose and caused some strange performance issues. Cheap part and good to have an extra laying around. Probably not your problem but still something to rule out.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gman View Post
    Installed a new spitfire on my 4 stroke 115 and thought I had,have a motor problem. The motor runs great trimmed down and trimmed up for speed but would shake like a miss in the motor at midrange. Changed oil and installed new plugs thinking maybe I got a bad plug, and had 10 hours on the motor but changed nothing. Then I read and watched a video in the mercury section and the poster was told it was the prop cavitating at a certain rpm, trim. My 115 is mounted in the second hole with a pad to prop of 4 inches. What’s your thoughts...thank you
    I had a Spitfire X7 on my Tracker 175 TXW, and what you are experiencing is what I dubbed "Prop Chop". It is not the engine, but rather you are trimmed up too high. Either change props (pitch), lower the engine on the transom, or don't trim up so high.

8. Member
    Thank you msupc that is my next step. Every prop I have tried has this prop chop at some point with the motor in the second hole but I have read that the 4 blades work mounted higher. At 4 inch pad to prop lowering the motor will be 4.5 pad to prop and that seems deep doesn’t it

9. Member
    On my TV 18 w/a 6" plate w/no low water pickup gearcase,
    5.5" was where it had to run, or it wouldnt water and would blowout
    in a turn.
    I dont think there is a difference in the pad area on the 18 and the 195
    Transom height and transom angle maybe different.
    I had the top 3 water intake holes plugged to keep it from sucking air.
    and had water scoops on the bottom holes. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

10. Member
    I will post this here also. Boat came in second hole, moved it to first hole and no more prop chop, didn’t lose any speed either

11. Member
    Are you able to trim up all the way? My prop does the same at mid range but i can trim through it and run it just fine