Question Predator Questions

Hey guys,

I’m in the market to buy a Falcon boat. I have rode in a couple different models and have decided on the Predator. Before I commit 100%, I wanted to post on here with a few questions I have. I’ve been told the hull on the Predator is slightly different.. Can anyone tell me what kind of speed and performance they’re seeing out of a Predator? Is the ride in rough water as good as other falcon models? Overall, compared to the 205 and TE models, is the Predator just as good of a boat?

Thank you

2. Member
    Predator is probably a low to mid 70’s boat loaded. Same as a 205 with a slightly different rear end to make the break over quicker on hole shot. The ride is just as good as the 205. Very little different between the two performance wise. The predator just has the bird head on the side, slightly different hull in the rear, and lots of cooler stuff like the seats, tackle organizer, day box with convertible rod locker, and slightly different consoles.

3. Member
    I'm curious how long a rod you can fit in the starboard rod locker that has the divider / day-box in it. Anybody know how big a rod you can fit in that box?

4. Member
    It’s got an insert that will go thru into the day box. You open the door and it opens up to a full length rod divider like the other side. You should be able to get up to an 8’ rod over there. But, I’d say a 7.5’ easily.

5. Member
    I’m really liking mine. Hole shot is crazy quick, top speed I’m still fine tuning. I expect 74-76 depending on how I have it loaded. I can run 70-72 no problem with two guys, full fuel, and some gear and plenty of trim and throttle left. I haven’t had a calm day to play with it since I’ve got my motor broken in yet. I talked to Brian Latimer at the open and he hits 76 tournament loaded. He has a Predator haul on his 20TE. That being said the rough water ride is fantastic. I’ve owned just about everything and I would put it up there with the best. Reminds me a lot of the Legend V-20.

I live right by Lake Hartwell if you, or anyone else out there wants to take a drive.