Changed from Talons to Blades

I have had Talons on 3 boats for the last 6 years. I really liked the no hydraulic fluid, 1 bracket for nearly all boats and the ease of install.

Well, after getting a new job at a boat dealer 5 months ago in the parts and accessories department I have had to receive and sell Talons, Power Poles and now Raptors. After carrying them to customers trucks I was amazed of the weight difference in both the anchors and especially the brackets. Then I met some of the Power Pole big wigs and was really impressed with them, their company and their customer service, so I decided I would try some blades. I got a sweet deal on them too. I only have been out fishing 1 time with my new blades but I can tell my hole shot (which wasn't bad with the Talons on my PII) is a little better. The remotes and much more responsive too. That was my big knock on the Talons, the remotes are very finicky.

I look forward to using them throughout a windy day during a tournament to reply gat a feel for them.
    Brad Krone

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Nothing better then Power Poles, a far superior product and company!

3. Member
    I did the same thing this year went from 12 foot Talons to 10 foot Blades. I don't miss the extra length because I found that even the Talons did not hold well past 10 feet and when I am that deep the Anchor lock works perfect.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    I did the same thing this year went from 12 foot Talons to 10 foot Blades. I don't miss the extra length because I found that even the Talons did not hold well past 10 feet and when I am that deep the Anchor lock works perfect.