Thread: Fuel Gauge

Fuel Gauge

Anyone else having issues? Mine reads empty quite often. Like the other day it was 1/2 a tank then dropped to empty on the next run.
    Not sure if it's the float or electrical?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Member
    I have a vx21, fuel gauge is also quite inaccurate. It also read much lower fuel levels than exist. Pretty sure it is only calibrated to empty and needs two more set points, full and half calibrated. Let you know if that fixes mine. Next time I fill up

3. Member
    I’m picking my boat up this morning after having vessel view installed. Hopefully I won’t need any of the crappy gauges now. Mine is also inaccurate. Was showing empty the other day so I put some gas in on the water. Because the gas on the water was so expensive I stopped at 3 gallons because my fuel gauge was then showing quarter full. Quarter full is what, 8 gallons?
    Ended up running out of gas that trip....
    There’s no way it was a quarter full.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

4. Member
    Just pick the boat up and was told by the dealer that the VesselView will not automatically read fuel level and fuel used. I asked them about the sensor that was needed for that and they did not know and said they would contact Vexus. Does anyone know what part I need so that I can get fuel consumption?

You get fuel consumption on vessel view. Fill up your tank. Make sure vessel view is active and put in the gallons that your tank holds. Vessel view will show you gallons burned and how many gallons are left in the tank. Pretty simple!

Nothing is automatic. You will have to update the numbers each time you fill up the tank. Then you can compare your fuel gauge to vessel view to get an indication of what your gage is really telling you.

Boat fuel gauges are usually not very accurate.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 10-03-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Ok that makes sense! Thanks

7. Member
    There is a fuel sensor on the nema network, gfs 10, if Garmin. I believe a lorawnce is LF 10.

8. Member
    My vessel view is surprisingly accurate for a calculation. But my gauge works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    You get fuel consumption on vessel view. Fill up your tank. Make sure vessel view is active and put in the gallons that your tank holds. Vessel view will show you gallons burned and how many gallons are left in the tank. Pretty simple!

Nothing is automatic. You will have to update the numbers each time you fill up the tank. Then you can compare your fuel gauge to vessel view to get an indication of what your gage is really telling you.

Boat fuel gauges are usually not very accurate.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    My vessel view is surprisingly accurate for a calculation. But my gauge works fine.
    My gauge looks to be fairly accurate so far as well! Miracles do happen!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,