St Lawrence river Columbus week

I will be up to the river for the holiday week. Mon- thurs. Staying mobile, not gonna lock into any one place. Gonna eat a lot of pizza slices. I guess Canada is still off limits?? Can you still launch at the parks after they are closed.... Dewolf,grass etc. ??? How about some hotels that might still be open after the holiday?? Thanks.

2. Member
    I'm up here now through Thursday.

-Canada still off limits.
    -I launched at grass today, they're all open and free.

Finding a place to stay might be tough. I'm Cal's right now but I talked to a bunch of places before coming up and a ton are closing up shop before Columbus Day.

Enjoy your trip, hope they're biting.

3. Member
    How's the fishing right now? I'm heading up next week, but have never fished the river in the fall. Thx

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrib View Post
    How's the fishing right now? I'm heading up next week, but have never fished the river in the fall. Thx
    I'm struggling to find fish. Water is warmer than I expected (66). Haven't been able to consistently hammer down any kind of pattern. I've tried deep primarily. My guess is there in somewhat of a transition right now. Couple other guys mentioned it being tough but always take it with a grain of salt. Today was the kind of day that made me wonder if I've forgotten how to fish.

5. Member
    I will be heading up zero dark thirty on monday. No idea where I'm staying. Gonna let the weather and wind pick my launch ramps. Hopefully I can get to cape vincent once. Then mAybe goose bay and Chippewa. Might end up in Watertown hotel for the few days. Looking forward to fishing a few days, some pizza, and drinking beer, sitting in one of those plastic chairs. If you see a small black tiller with the name "child support" that's me. Towed by a mint green Ford fiesta.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I will be heading up zero dark thirty on monday. No idea where I'm staying. Gonna let the weather and wind pick my launch ramps. Hopefully I can get to cape vincent once. Then mAybe goose bay and Chippewa. Might end up in Watertown hotel for the few days. Looking forward to fishing a few days, some pizza, and drinking beer, sitting in one of those plastic chairs. If you see a small black tiller with the name "child support" that's me. Towed by a mint green Ford fiesta.
    no better place to shut your brain off for a few days, you sound like you've got that part of the trip planned perfectly. good luck.