Thread: Lake Jackson

Lake Jackson

I live in Orlando but come to Tally once a month. Would like to bring the boat up for a weekend of fishing. Is Lake Jackson usually this low? Went to Millers landing and another place by Fords Arm and don't see how I can get my boat in this lake... Looks to be 6" to 1' as far as I can see. Any other places I should check out around or in Tally?
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

2. Member
    Not always. Unfortunately it looks like another sink hole has opened up under it. We've gotten tons of rain but the lakes still falling.

Check out lake Hall. You need to pay an entry fee to get into the park and it's trolling motor only but there are giants in there. Or you can take a 30min drive to Talquin or 45 minute to Seminole

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Not always. Unfortunately it looks like another sink hole has opened up under it. We've gotten tons of rain but the lakes still falling.

Check out lake Hall. You need to pay an entry fee to get into the park and it's trolling motor only but there are giants in there. Or you can take a 30min drive to Talquin or 45 minute to Seminole
    Thanks, looks like I will just keep an eye on Jackson. Was wanting to check Talquin out and will definitely check out Hall since it's so close to where I stay up there. Someone told me Talquin is full of stumps that will rip a lower unit off?

Bank fished Carr from the ramp this morning and caught two 3's. Ramp is also dried up there lol
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    Thanks, looks like I will just keep an eye on Jackson. Was wanting to check Talquin out and will definitely check out Hall since it's so close to where I stay up there. Someone told me Talquin is full of stumps that will rip a lower unit off?

Bank fished Carr from the ramp this morning and caught two 3's. Ramp is also dried up there lol
    Yes, talquin is very stumpy but what I tell people trying it for the first time is this. For the most part the west end of the lake is safe to run as all the stumps are visible and you can avoid them. If you want to fish any of the creek arms come off plane and idle. It's inside the creek arms you start to have hidden stumps. Most of the accidents that occur at Talquin are from idiots not familiar with the lake running the creeks. Talquin is an awesome fishery and it routinely takes 25 + lbs to win a tourney most of the year

Check out the "Talquin Fishing Report" thread here in the Florida forum for the latest info. We try to keep that updated.