Jack Plate Bolts on Coral

The jack plate-to-transom bracket cracked on my Coral, and I'm trying to prepare myself for a replacement.

The upper bolt of the bracket goes through the bracket and transom, then through a plate in my splash well, where a nut is threaded onto the bolt. But, I can't see how to access the nut for the lower bolt because it's below deck. Is anyone familiar with how to see/access the lower bolt? Like, do I have to remove the fuel tank, etc.?
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeadfoot View Post
    The jack plate-to-transom bracket cracked on my Coral, and I'm trying to prepare myself for a replacement.

The upper bolt of the bracket goes through the bracket and transom, then through a plate in my splash well, where a nut is threaded onto the bolt. But, I can't see how to access the nut for the lower bolt because it's below deck. Is anyone familiar with how to see/access the lower bolt? Like, do I have to remove the fuel tank, etc.?
    just saw this no you do not need to remove tank,but you will need along extension to reach the bolt,theres a recess in the tank to get to the lower bolts.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I finally discovered myself that the bolts are easily accessible via the recess in the gas tank.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end