Thread: Beaver Lake

Beaver Lake

Me and dad are thinking about hitting Beaver for the first time. Good place to launch and just some general sections of the lake that hold fish? Also, please let me know of any launch fees if there are any

I'm guessing you'll probably launch at a Corps launch, I get an annual pass so I'm not sure if they charge a fee still now, but bring some cash in case you have to use the drop box.

What are you going to fish for? In general this is a tough time of year on Beaver.

3. Member
    Just any Black Bass. Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Spots. Yes sir, I figured it would be tough. It seems like it’s like that everywhere

Basically the lower lake near the dam is clear water and holds smallmouth, there are spots and largemouth, but as you move up lake it becomes better largemouth water and the water is more stained. I usually fish the dam end myself as it is closer to my house than mid-lake, but i haven't been over to Beaver since July so can't give you any idea on how it is fishing.

Good place to stop and get some general info on what is working is Hook, Line, and Sinker in Rogers. If you use the Prairie Creek launch they are on the road a few miles before the turnoff for the launch.

5. Member
    Thanks for the help, man. I appreciate it. We may just wait till the end of the month or early November. Maybe fishing will be better by then

6. Member
    I've been launching out of Hickory Creek. Still not charging a fee, or at least they haven't chased me down after driving right past the guard shack thing. Bass have been cold or hot around Hickory. Cold for me and hot for some buddies. I ain't gettin skunked, but not catching them like one of my church buddies. He has been fishing at night quite a bit too. Now that it's cooling off his bite slowed, and pretty sure the lake is turning over right now too. This same church friend went to Lake Ft. Smith Saturday instead of Beaver because of the turnover and several tournaments going on. My wife and I didn't get on the water Saturday until about 12:30. Temp was around 72 and funky turn over color. I had two bites on chatterbait and stuck one. We headed back to the ramp about 3:30. 30+mph winds weren't helping matters. Hoping to get out much earlier this Saturday. High School football game I'm officiating this week is closer to home than last week. Also tweaked a knee last Friday night so bed felt pretty good Saturday morning! I 2nd Quillback on stopping at Hook, Line, and Sinker. Southtown Sporting Goods in Fayetteville is also a good place to stop for info. I'll try to remember to throw an update on here after this Saturday's fishing.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

I fished out of Indian Creek today, primary purpose was to see if the stripers have started on top, but saw very little striper activity. Chased smallies and caught a half dozen.

Saw a rig with Texas plates at the launch.

8. Member
    Quillback - It’ll be two weeks before I’m back in Arkansas so you didn’t see me. We might make the trip up there, but I’ll be around the end of the month

MarkG52 - Fort Smith is where I’m from and where I stay when I visit family back in Arkansas and we’ve fished Lake Fort Smith at least 6 times in the last year and I’ve never seen so many little bass in all my life. Yet to catch one over a pound. All Largemouth and Spots that are tiny. Have you guys ever caught any size out of there?

I have fished Ft Smith one time and caught some small spotted bass. Beautiful lake.

10. Member
    Never fished Lake Ft. Smith, gonna try it soon though. Beaver was tough out of Hickory Saturday morning. Hit my fishing buddy's spots early and we got a few short fish on top waters. Talked to several guys fishing a club tournament and they were having about the same results. Water temp was 70-71 degrees. Sorry for a not good report.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

11. Member
    The best place to fish on Beaver lake, is Table Rock. It's sad, I live here, and I don't [like to] fish here. I CANNOT figure our why the Bass fishing on The 'Beav has been in decline for so long... other than the dramatic increase in gar and striper... and that there is ZERO vegetation on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cessna152heavy View Post
    The best place to fish on Beaver lake, is Table Rock. It's sad, I live here, and I don't [like to] fish here. I CANNOT figure our why the Bass fishing on The 'Beav has been in decline for so long... other than the dramatic increase in gar and striper... and that there is ZERO vegetation on the lake.
    There's a cove by Lost Bridge North that has some hydrilla in it, I ran across it a couple of years ago. I thought it would go crazy and grow all over the place but it hasn't done much at all in the couple of years it has been there.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    There's a cove by Lost Bridge North that has some hydrilla in it
    Get out of here! I bet that patch see's all the lures on a daily basis. I've thought about transplanting some grasses into places where I think it would do well... but the corp might have issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cessna152heavy View Post
    Get out of here! I bet that patch see's all the lures on a daily basis. I've thought about transplanting some grasses into places where I think it would do well... but the corp might have issues with that.
    It hasn't grown out to be on the surface, so hard to know it is there unless you drag a lure through it.

One of the community lakes here in Bella Vista is now infested with hydrilla, I don't know exactly when it started, maybe 5 years ago, but anyway, the bass population in that lake has exploded. The POA manages it, they do a little spaying and also have a 'mower' that knocks it down so that it doesn't cover the surface of the lake.