Banned

2018 Ford Explorer Sport proximity alarm

My wife has the above vehicle, and I hooked up one time, got gas and unhooked and never did it again.. I looked around the manual and internet a bit but havent found anything yet.
    Is there some way to turn the audible alarm off. The thing would drive me insane.
    Last time I was fishing guy ahead of me had that and alarm going off the whole time he was backing down the ramp.
    Sooner or later I am gonna have to get a new truck.

2. Member
    There is a way. You might have to be in reverse to do it, but there should be an option to turn the alarm off. We have a 2014 that is like that as well but have to turn if off manually every time. Not really an issue for us as we don’t pull the boat but maybe 3 times a year with it. The rest we us our truck

3. Member
    The screen should give you an option to turn it off when it senses something behind the vehicle. Or there should be an option in the menus to turn it off permanently.

4. Banned
    well we got a couple "shoulds" anyone got a Will and how ?

Was hooking up and test driving a new trailer,,,, well wife was, I dont drive the thing. Nothing on screen coming up while backing, touched all over, nadda.
    Personally I cant use a back up camera but the wife does pretty good. The lines it projects and curves are pretty helpful for her backing it up around corners. SO pretty useful tool, just very frustrating the asinine alarm cant be turned off or volume turned down or something.

Humm anyone know of a good ford explorer forum,, this feature is making the vehicle 100% undriveable for me.

5. Banned
    LMAO I think Ford musta got the same guy to write their manuals Garmin did.
    Found this little super helpful tidbit in the owners manual

Note:When a trailer is connected to your
    vehicle, the rear parking aid may detect the
    trailer and therefore provide an alert. Disable
    the rear parking aid when a trailer is
    connected to prevent the alert.

No mention of how or where to find that info. Found on a ford forum a suggestion to hold the stem on the cluster down for 4 seconds after putting it in reverse with trailer hooked up.. Will try that
    Seems other years and trimlines have P buttons, or pop up buttons,, but so far I havent found any.

6. Member
    I say "should" because I only know how my 2013 Explorer and 2017 Expedition, which use older versions of the Ford Sync/My Ford Touch, work. In the instrument cluster on the left window pane a visual alerts comes up when it senses an object, I can then use the arrows on the left side of the steering wheel to move the alert from On to OFF then hit OK to disable it. I would think that Ford "should" have a similar feature on the new version.

7. Banned
    yeh more SHOULDS,,, again looking for a would,,, still nothing.

8. Banned
    and the instrument cluster stem push was wrong. Vehicle has no stem.