Thread: 596

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Not sure - was talking to a guy with a new 210 at the ramp, which he is in love with btw, and he said he was steered away from a 596 and to the 210 for rough water. Maybe a drier ride? Not sure. I just prefer the look and feel of the 596, even though the 210 is an awesome ride.
    What I meant to say was that the 210 does pretty good on top of the waves IMO, better than the 496 did for sure, but the big wedge of the 6 series is awesome to trim down and just slice through the waves. 210, 596,496 are all excellent choices in my opinion.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Well ask Hughes as he always said the 596 which was the 595 same hull and top cap just wood till 2006 was the design that started the 6 series back in 2000 .He has talked about how they needed a big boat for loz and after test after test they had the 596 .Its kinda of like a dual hull with a deep V with nothing to interfere with the V knife in other words the water just keeps going away from the boat.And than the back half of the hull which is a crazy design with air trapping wings on the side is designed to lift and if your in a head wind you can actually feel it like a wing when your in 2 -21/2 footers ad it not touching the waves and trim it and mash the pedal .Unlike the champ that uses the V to cut the wake and no real aero dynamics to lift the hull it used hydro to cut the water when on pad.The 596 will cut and air out as the champ just cuts from front to back ,it’s the same idea just 2 different designs.
    The Charger has about 50 degrees of V and 45 inches to the rub rail at the front and let’s just pick on ranger they have a 12 inch V before hitting the sides of the boat(bottom) as they bring it from front to rear .Theres a really big difference once you hit the big water.
    My buddy had a 203 and another 201 both great riding boats but he bought a 496 and said it’s a total different feeling and that the 496 was better at cutting waves .I don’t think you could go wrong with either 210 or a 6 series.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Well ask Hughes as he always said the 596 which was the 595 same hull and top cap just wood till 2006 was the design that started the 6 series back in 2000 .He has talked about how they needed a big boat for loz and after test after test they had the 596 .Its kinda of like a dual hull with a deep V with nothing to interfere with the V knife in other words the water just keeps going away from the boat.And than the back half of the hull which is a crazy design with air trapping wings on the side is designed to lift and if your in a head wind you can actually feel it like a wing when your in 2 -21/2 footers ad it not touching the waves and trim it and mash the pedal .Unlike the champ that uses the V to cut the wake and no real aero dynamics to lift the hull it used hydro to cut the water when on pad.The 596 will cut and air out as the champ just cuts from front to back ,it’s the same idea just 2 different designs.
    The Charger has about 50 degrees of V and 45 inches to the rub rail at the front and let’s just pick on ranger they have a 12 inch V before hitting the sides of the boat(bottom) as they bring it from front to rear .Theres a really big difference once you hit the big water.
    My buddy had a 203 and another 201 both great riding boats but he bought a 496 and said it’s a total different feeling and that the 496 was better at cutting waves .I don’t think you could go wrong with either 210 or a 6 series.
    The 596 seems not have a lot of flare. My only concern would be that the water would shunt high, then blow back on you. I have a Lund now, which rides really well, but it generates a ton of high spray that blows back on you worse than my prior Ranger and Bass Cats. I’m waiting on the 596 to maybe get a top cap update and then I’d love to have one. I’ve looked for a while and it’s my favorite boat I’ve seen.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Have not had that problem 95 percent of the time now as with any hull if the wind is blowing 30 at you side ways and say your going slow 20-25 you can get some blow back .But the hull does have a taper at the rub rail for that and about mid way through the V .It not totally straight up as a Lund
    Another plus to the 596 it sits more level and when your fishing so the ass end is a lot higher out of the water .

5. Member
    I hope that we get to see this 596 this weekend at the owner's tournament.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I hope that we get to see this 596 this weekend at the owner's tournament.
    In all the years 2006 was the first time most guys saw a 596 at the owners tournament everyone said thats tooooo big ,now phoenix 921 ,ranger 521, vexus,caymas even triton and nitro ,etc. all sell a ton of 21-22 foot boats I guess Charger Joe was ahead of his time in 2000

7. Member
    In all the years 2006 was the first time most guys saw a 596 at the owners tournament everyone said thats tooooo big ,now phoenix 921 ,ranger 521, vexus,caymas even triton and nitro ,etc. all sell a ton of 21-22 foot boats I guess Charger Joe was ahead of his time in 2000
    Interesting reading that - I grew up fishing in Louisiana and any boat over 19 feet was considered just too big. Lots of tight spots to get in, sometimes dragging the boat. Moved to north Texas 5 years ago - I’m pretty convinced after fishing tournaments here for 5 years that I could fish everywhere I’ve been out of a 30 foot boat. Wind blows all the time here, waves can get awful, and I almost never find myself fishing in tight cover or somewhere a big boat can’t get to. I’d buy this boat if it was 23 feet long and not think twice about it.

Allison has been tinkering with a 23 footer for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Interesting reading that - I grew up fishing in Louisiana and any boat over 19 feet was considered just too big. Lots of tight spots to get in, sometimes dragging the boat. Moved to north Texas 5 years ago - I’m pretty convinced after fishing tournaments here for 5 years that I could fish everywhere I’ve been out of a 30 foot boat. Wind blows all the time here, waves can get awful, and I almost never find myself fishing in tight cover or somewhere a big boat can’t get to. I’d buy this boat if it was 23 feet long and not think twice about it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Allison has been tinkering with a 23 footer for several years.
    Ive heard the same. Just adding a foot to the same hull design would be a remarkable boat. I hope they build it.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    23 foot equals 125,000

11. Member
    23 foot equals 125,000
    Lol exactly what I was thinking.

Last year I looked at having Haynie custom build a 23 foot boat. It was interesting to see how it would lay out. Wouldn’t have been fast like the Allison though.

Love my 596 and it'll be up for sale...just as soon as Charger UPDATES THE TOP CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is ridiculous! Stop posting pics of things I Need!
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12