Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    For COVID? Not worried for a second.

I’d be much more worried about bed bugs or the general disgustingness of the state of state for my first ijj

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    The TV remote came in a plastic baggie, presumably after it was sanitized.
    The idea is to leave it in the baggie so you don't have to touch the remote. The cleaning staff gives the next person their own new baggie. Yes, they still work through the bag.

3. Member
    I no longer travel and spend 40-50 nights a year on the road. I don't travel unless I can't get out of it now. But, there are several chains I avoid, cover or not. Hamptons and Holiday Inn is where I stayed primarily. It's not the room I would give much thought but the gas pumps, restaurant workers , desk clerks etc etc. Check in and pay either electronically or use toll free reservation system.
    Spray everything with disinfectant, always have, and avoid people as much as possible.

Sounds like a convention of sorts, so no I wouldn't be going but I think I could make the trip covid free'

4. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    I no longer travel and spend 40-50 nights a year on the road. I don't travel unless I can't get out of it now. But, there are several chains I avoid, cover or not. Hamptons and Holiday Inn is where I stayed primarily. It's not the room I would give much thought but the gas pumps, restaurant workers , desk clerks etc etc. Check in and pay either electronically or use toll free reservation system.
    Spray everything with disinfectant, always have, and avoid people as much as possible.

Sounds like a convention of sorts, so no I wouldn't be going but I think I could make the trip covid free'
    It is somewhat of a convention. It's a nerd convention at someone's house. He's actually the owner of the other forum I'm on and also named "Al", lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    For COVID? Not worried for a second.

I’d be much more worried about bed bugs or the general disgustingness of the state of state for my first ijj
    ^^^ This!!! Never for COVID!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Lol, I probably stand a better opportunity to get sick at the grocery store than a hotel.

I work for Marriott. The rooms are sanitized then cleaned as usual. We’ve been close to 100 percent every night including week day’s. Grab bags, coffee, tea and micro wave Jimmy dean sandwiches for breakfast. Folks from the surrounding states escaped to Utah. Bad thing is a lot of them decided to stay.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I’d worry more about transporting bed bugs home from a hotel/motel.

9. #FRB
    Never experienced bed bugs but there's a first time for everything. I hear you have to burn the mattress when that happens.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

10. Banned
    Hotel room and clean - NOT! never stopped me though.

11. Banned
    I would think there is way more covid threat from the gathering of friends than the hotel room.

Never worried about germs in a hotel before, why start now ? Aids, Plague, Measels, flu, Leprosy, Ebola, bedbugs, lymes, brain eating amoeba, TB, West Nile, Malaria, on and on. Yet people lose their minds over Covid.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I have something coming up next weekend in Alabama (I live in Arkansas) and it's a 6 hour drive each way. I can't do this as a day trip anymore so have two nights booked for the same room. It will be a small gathering of old friends in the car audio community and we've all known each other for a VERY long time. I really want to go but not sure if trusting a room to be sufficiently cleaned is a wise decision. To top that off I'm not really into the hobby anymore but still think the world of the people I've met along the way so I'm really torn. Also like to see and hear what they've done to their car over the past year. We're a sound quality group NOT a pavement pounding group. The pavement pounders with distorted bass makes us look bad to be honest.

So, would you trust a room to be clean enough? And would you consider getting tested right after getting home? I take care of myself and keep my immune system boosted. I also work in one of the most germ infested places imaginable and to my knowledge haven't gotten Covid-19 YET.
    I work on the road and live in hotels every week. I've been back to work since early July and haven't had any issues yet. Neither have any of my coworkers.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Late August, I drove down into Oregon and stayed 3 nights in a Best Western. Dunno if they are nationwide or not, but they're a pretty decent chain out here. They claimed to take extra care in cleaning, and would not enter your room until after your stay was over. This also meant that the "free breakfast" was a sack lunch, with all the stuff I'm not supposed to eat...orange, tangerine, pastry. Being diabetic (hypoglycemia), I'm NOT supposed to eat sugar or much carbs, so...
    I went over to the McD's for breakfast...more protein, and much less sugar and carbs.

One night I saw a spider on the wall of my room, which I tried to kill, but it got away. Looking for that spider, I discovered that there was a hell of a lot of dust in the cubby under both end tables, so I dampened a washcloth and wiped out enough dirt to make it look like I'd cleaned my grill, headlights, tailgate and shoes. After all their crap about how much extra care they take, I was pretty pissed, and wrote a scathing review of that particular BW. I hope it made it as far as Corporate, but IDK if it will do any good. While I was at it, I whined about the "free breakfast" that I couldn't eat. If I was the manager, I'd raise hell with the cleaning staff. Otherwise, it was a nice room. The TV remote came in a plastic baggie, presumably after it was sanitized. I think there may have been hand sanitizer in the room, but I have a bottle in the truck that I use often.
    I stayed in a Best Western in Kingman Arizona a few weeks ago and it was probably the cleanest motel room I've ever stayed in. We always look for Best Westerns when we travel and haven't been disappointed yet.

If the bed bugs are dead then don't stay there .

15. Member
    I'm right about 120 days in hotels this year and leave for 15 more tomorrow. Been working in MS, TN, NE, OH, GA since the rona hit and they seem to have stepped up the cleaning quite a bit. I stay at holiday inn Express or Hilton harden typically and no issues that I've seen or heard from many coworkers spread about.

Had meeting with our group last week discussing this exact thing and not one issue regarding hotels was brought up with guys working in about 35 states coast to coast.

16. Member
    IMO from what I have read and gathered is you should be fine. You might ask for a room that has been empty for a few days but I think you are much more likely to catch it from someone not wearing a mask than contact. Lots of places are also stepping up cleaning. Go have fun just avoid people who are not wearing their mask especially indoors.

Two weeks ago spent a week in a motel, Lake Andes S.D. Here is what I did, before I unpacked my stuff. BIG can of Lysol, sprayed the bedspread down, ( Always leave the bed spread pulled down and fold at the foot of the bed, 99% of any motel / hotel doesn’t change them when they change the sheets. Next, sprayed the blanket, sheets and pillows, soaked them good. Sprayed the chitter and shower, alcohol wipes for doorknobs, tv remote, fridge, everything. Other guys staying there did the same exact thing. The woman that owned the motel had not rented our two rooms out since the week before .

Overkill?? You only die once

18. Member
    I don't think the surface contact is as bad as they initially thought and I also think any reputable hospitality group is going over the top to make it safe for their guests. Having said that we are holding off on travel until a vaccine is generally available, probably next summer.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Stayed at a TRU hotel in central Fl a couple weeks ago for an overnight work related job. Rooms were clean and sheets smelled clean. I had no issues. Did not get sick.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

20. Member
    Take disinfectant wipes and wipe down everything. Also wash your hands often and carry hand sanitizer. This is a good practice not just for COVID, but also during flu season. I travel a lot and it has worked for me, even when I was immuno-compromised after my chemo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast