BCB Lynx bilge wiring cleanup

Has anyone reconfigured their wiring setup in the bilge area? I'm not crazy about having the breakers and a bunch of wires on the cranking battery. Ideally I'd like to add another bus to clean up the top of the battery and add battery shut off switches for both the cranking and TM batteries. The shutoffs should be installed in a singular easy to reach location. Any help would be appreciated.

What years your Lynx? My 2021 eyra came with a terminal buss with its own separate connections on it VS stacking leads on the posts. I can get ya some phots if you want. Ill pm you my # and take them tonight...
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Has anyone reconfigured their wiring setup in the bilge area? I'm not crazy about having the breakers and a bunch of wires on the cranking battery. Ideally I'd like to add another bus to clean up the top of the battery and add battery shut off switches for both the cranking and TM batteries. The shutoffs should be installed in a singular easy to reach location. Any help would be appreciated.
    No, but that's on my winter to-do list. Like you, I don't care for all my disconnects, especially for the house battery, TM, and poles, being mounted right above the battery. I had a bracket for the motor disconnect from some UHMW plastic that works well. May try to mimic this with the others. Works ok I guess, but don't like how cluttered it looks. Also, my legs are one of many things built too short and I can't reach the switches from the ground without crawling up the trailer and reaching way down into the bilge. Would like to have them up closer to the top of the lid. I'm working on ideas and how to set this up proper.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

4. Member
    This is one of the tidyest looking electrical arrangements that I have ever seen. This is not my boat but I will be doing something very similar in the near future. Even though I use the Hydra multi connection terminals, I still have too many connections on my crank battery for my liking. I have already ordered the Blue Seas fuse panel, and have a BEP 701 shut off that I can use. Blue Seas has many options for the fuse panel, with different numbers of circuits available, cover, and the option of a negative bus. I would suggest using a negative bus so that you can clean up your negative battery terminal as well.

69CA5751-4660-4AAF-A5A9-AFBA1135CBEE_zpscvglddt8.jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    This is one of the tidyest looking electrical arrangements that I have ever seen. This is not my boat but I will be doing something very similar in the near future. Even though I use the Hydra multi connection terminals, I still have too many connections on my crank battery for my liking. I have already ordered the Blue Seas fuse panel, and have a BEP 701 shut off that I can use. Blue Seas has many options for the fuse panel, with different numbers of circuits available, cover, and the option of a negative bus. I would suggest using a negative bus so that you can clean up your negative battery terminal as well.

69CA5751-4660-4AAF-A5A9-AFBA1135CBEE_zpscvglddt8.jpg
    That really looks good. The shutoff switch is still to low in the bilge for me. It would need to be configured near the opening of the bilge. At 5'8" the struggle is real!

My worry would be exposing it to much to water. Like back washing the deck when coming off pad. Not much of an issue with a PII, but it does occasionally happen.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

There are very few options out there that do this and we continue to search for the right one. It’s one of our missions also.

BCB

7. Member
    That is also my no.1 winter project we will have to share some ideas and pictures.
    Last edited by greg88; 10-02-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

8. Member
    On my list as well, the back compartment of mine is a mess..especailly after adding power pole pumps right before the season started. Never really got a chance to clean and organize it all up.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

9. Member
    I plan on reorganizing/reconfiguring my wiring this off season as well. I'm going to add a cut off/jump start switch as well. I liked the bracket that Ranger is using in the bilge compartment so I called their parts department and was able to order it. (See attached picture) It was $21.88 plus shipping for just the bracket. I chose not to order the BEP 701 mini battery selector switch. Ranger is pricing it for $57.12 and I have seen it cheaper online. It can be order as a complete kit with bracket, mounting screws, battery switch, and battery cables for $130.55. I chose not to order the kit fearing that the cables may not be the length that I need. I figure I can make my own cables.
    Attached Images Attached Images

21483E12-E594-443F-A3B9-373350841B13.jpeg
    Here is mine
    sorry if it’s upside down
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SP1973; 10-03-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

11. Banned
    I cleaned up the wiring as well but I ran a main power line to the main on/off switch then to a breaker panel under the dash.
    Everything is dry and accessible.
    I am not comfortable with the ground and power bus bar in the bilge even after I soldered and tinned all connectors and replaced the bus bars with full stainless power and ground buses.
    Personally I like to have a breaker panel on the dash or on the side of the dash with an access panel covering.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    21483E12-E594-443F-A3B9-373350841B13.jpeg
    Here is mine
    sorry if it’s upside down
    I'm trying to figure out how you did this. Is it a piece of Starboard attached to the battery bracket?

13. Member
    I was also considering running the Sea Clear wiring harness. I had some issues with my Helix units this year. I run 4 units plus a Mega 360. Humminbird thought it may be a power / wiring issue. The Sea Clear harness looks legit but I don't know what wiring Bass Cat has in my 2019 Lynx. I'm not sure the Sea Clear would be any better.