Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Any updates? I am running a Bravo I XS 25P on my X19 and getting 69 MPH by myself consistently. Would really like to be around 72, not sure if a new prop or need to send my current one out to be blueprinted.

2. Member
    Not yet. A buddy of mine talked me into doing the spring snow goose thing, and that has me all screwed up. Now that is over. BUT the naps are awesome while in the lay out blind!

3. Member
    FINALLY ---- took the time to mess with my 2020 X19 with a Yamaha Sho 200hp motor height adjustment. Am wanting the max performance outta that 200hp motor, but prob wont run it hard that often. BUT I paid for it so I want it. What did Ricky Bobby say?? "I wanna go fast"! So I got a buddy to help me out and supervise the activities. Off to Mark Twain Lake! Prop is a FXP Turbo 25 (was recommended here on BBC boards & the Powertech prop that came on boat is NOT a good match). I have a Pro Hi Jacker 10" manual set back plate on boat. To move the setting, just loosen up the bolts and screw the adjustment bolt in the center of the set back plate. Them bolts were tight, probably a good thing. Didn't loose that much blood. Pad to prop was roughly around 3.5". Moved it up a half inch and took a 2 rides. !st one by myself with 3/4 tank of gas and a regular load with livewell full. 2nd ride added my buddy (200 lbs). Top end is 63mph, 5800 rpm, water pressure 16 (never has been over 17). The thing i noticed the most was the torque was essentially gone from the steering wheel. That's a good thing. But the top end not much change, just a better ride with the porpoise lessened, not gone. Not a big issue. So back to the parking lot for more adjustment 1/4 higher. Took 3rd drive by myself that was a bit better. The handling of the boat is definitely better so I quit right there with a 3/4" lift. Prop to pad is a hair less than 3", weirded me out to go higher.

4. Member
    I have another buddy who has a Yamaha T1 25 pitch prop that he runs on his Skeeter with a Yamaha 225hp motor. That will be the next test, to see how that affects my performance. Still think I am a bit light on RPMs. The book sez keep it under 6200. Will post results after it happens. It better be next week!

5. Member
    Just get a Scorpion and Save some money. Faster than any Turbo prop I’ve run. 23 on a stock 200. They run 2 pitches stiffer. eBay.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12