Heading sensor location

Can you guys tell me where the best place to mount the humminbird heading sensor on a 721 would be? Thanks guys
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

2. Member
    The heading senor for the TM or the GPS Puck? Either way both will work behind the drivers seat on the deck

3. Member
    Sorry I should've clarified it a little more I've got one for the ultrex I want to add a heading sensor for my humminbird on the bow so my dang map will stop spinning. So that being said is it ok to mount them side by side

4. Member
    So the external GPS puck with Heading sensor is what your asking about? Yes you can mount them side by side.

5. Member
    Thank u for ur help sir!

6. Member
    Justin,
    I would be interested in hearing what all you needed to install to solve the map rotation issue.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Justin,
    I would be interested in hearing what all you needed to install to solve the map rotation issue.
    I had the same issue, this was on a 958, installed with external GPS/heading sensor puck, worked great when I was moving but if sitting still the map would spin. So I always just leave my map unit on "N-up"

8. Member
    I know PJ, I do the same but there is a fix for it. I think you need to install a separate antenna but not sure.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    I know PJ, I do the same but there is a fix for it. I think you need to install a separate antenna but not sure.
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...heading-sensor

This is what I used and still had issues, maybe someone in the humminbird forum section would have better information or ideas on how to fix it. Like I said I just got sick of trying to fix it and left it on N-up

10. Member
    Gotta mount it where it has no interference with it's built in compass. Plug it up and try it in different areas before you mount it. Mine worked out just behind the minnkota puck.