Trailer thoughts for hauling bike

I am in the market for a small trailer for bike hauling/ utlilty work. I have seen the harbor freight stuff... Was hoping for some different input. Prefer aluminum. 8-10 ft length. Would be for one bike. I am surrounded by snowmobile trailers in upstate N.Y. And they don't interest me. Maybe even a small enclosed trailer. Thanks.

If you like your bike then enclosed if you need to transport in bad / snowy / salty weather. If you can avoid bad weather then a 7 x 10 at least with the higher sides. I've had a few different brands over the years. Sure-Trac seems to be a good value and good trailer. If the tow veh. has limited capacity then a tandem axle will help keep some of the weight off of the tow veh. when correctly loaded. If you go 7 wide will make backing and seeing it much easier.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Member
    I switched to an enclosed made by Arising but they are sold and branded by various re sellers. It really depends how much you are going to use it for hauling your bike and how far bs the other things you will use it for.

My son and I purchased one of the standard utility type trailers in a 6ftx12ft size. 34-3500 pound gross weight. My Ultra is about 9 ft. long from front fender to back of the trunk so I wanted one longer than a 10 ft'r. I bought a couple of cheap front wheel chocks at Harbor Freight. I drilled the deck for the wheel chocks so it would hold the two bikes side by side and also drilled a set in the middle just for one bike. Ten or fifteen minutes it can be set up or taken down for what ever our needs. He made some short side boards so we can hall a little mulch or dirt if we need. Nutt'n fancy but does what we need.

I don't use mine for street bikes but I built my 3 rail trailer with 3" C channel and a single axle. it has a expanded metal floor for easy cleaning of the bikes. I spent $450 in materials and took me maybe 2 weekends. I built a freind a single rail out of a jetski trailer. It turned out pretty nice. I was able to make it hold his tools, gas cans, and gear since he pulls it with a small honda car and doesn't have much space in the car.

I like the Big Tex trailers made in Texas for open trailers. Enclosed can be had pretty cheap if you look around and yes I am talking about a new one. Check craigslist for advertisers that sell locally. As was mentioned above 7' wide is a plus and makes it easier for multiple bikes depending on length of trailer.