Banned

Troll Bridge and MK Alternator charger questions

Searched and read alot of mostly pretty old threads so seeking out new info.
    SOmething that caught my attention on the Trollbridge was that it paralleled the 36volt set to charge when the engine was running... Basically if I understand it correctly would make it useless to me, as I have a Garmin that need constant 36 volt and I would have to constantly turn it back on and wait for it to reboot ,

Does the MK charger do the same thing ? IE kill 36 volt to the trolling motor while I am running outboard ?

Second questions concern both, any guys have sonar interference issues caused by these ?

Seems Troll bridge offers a Lithium version now. Assuming it would work for me is it backwards compatable with lead acid ? So could I buy the lithium version to use with lead acid until I get lithium down the road ?

Any other thoughts or considerations. Running a 2019 Mercury 200 4stroke, Garmin TM and GArmin graphs,

2. Member
    I would suggest emailing troll bridge about your specific situation. They have several versions and they can tell you what you need to know. The same for MK. They know the info you are asking I would not give you any info I was not positive of. There is too much damage to be done with charging batteries while using the batteries for running various items without very specific things about the whole electrical network you have or will have. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Searched and read alot of mostly pretty old threads so seeking out new info.
    SOmething that caught my attention on the Trollbridge was that it paralleled the 36volt set to charge when the engine was running... Basically if I understand it correctly would make it useless to me, as I have a Garmin that need constant 36 volt and I would have to constantly turn it back on and wait for it to reboot ,

Does the MK charger do the same thing ? IE kill 36 volt to the trolling motor while I am running outboard ?

Second questions concern both, any guys have sonar interference issues caused by these ?

Seems Troll bridge offers a Lithium version now. Assuming it would work for me is it backwards compatable with lead acid ? So could I buy the lithium version to use with lead acid until I get lithium down the road ?

Any other thoughts or considerations. Running a 2019 Mercury 200 4stroke, Garmin TM and GArmin graphs,
    There is an option on the Trollbridge 36 to disable the automatic charging function for trolling motors that have to maintain full voltage. Our commercial fishing customers use this option to disable charging while "on location" so they can run both motors. Once the trolling motor is stowed the charging capacity, up to 100 amps maximum, allows the batteries to be fully recharged on the run back to the trailer.

The Trollbridges produce ZERO electrical noise. They are a series/parallel switch with an on/off detector. Switches do not produce any electrical noise.

You can use a Lithium compatible Trollbridge or Combiner with lead-acid to lead-acid charging applications when you anticipate graduating to Lithium trolling batteries at a later date. When using them on lead-acid batteries instead of Lithium, charging will take a little longer than with the standard Trollbridge.

4. Banned
    Thanks, so basically Troll bridge doesnt seem like it would do anything for me.

What Garmin requires 36 volt constantly ???
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Thanks, so basically Troll bridge doesnt seem like it would do anything for me.
    True, if your trolling batteries have enough capacity to run all day without charging you don't need a Trollbridge.