Garmin Force length question

Hey guys... New to the forum and wanted to get your opinion. I recently purchased a 2005 Tr20x one owner and it came with the original 45" Motorguide Tour 24v. I am looking to upgrade to the Garmin Force. I understand that the measurements of the Force are a little off and the 50 is 45" and the 57 is 52". I am in Florida and I am looking to fish Lake Okeechobee, Lake Ida and Everglades. My question is which measurement should I go with?? Will I have any mounting issues if going with the longer shaft?? I have yet to put the boat in the water so I don't have any realtime experience with the original TM. Also, I have been out of the bass boat game for quite some time. I'm thinking if I get the longer, I can always raise it and I'll be able to handle larger chop. But if I stick with the shorter I won't have the option to lower it. Just throwing it out there to get a more seasoned/ professional opinion. Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by Triton TR20X; 09-30-2020 at 09:23 AM.

2. Member
    I can’t help you with Garmin but I have an 03 tr20 that had a 45 inch maxxum. I don’t fish big rollers anymore but the 45 was plenty deep. I just bought an Ulterra 45 inch but would have gone with a 52 if I had the option. A little added length isn’t a bad thing.

3. Member
    I have been doing the same research as I have a 2006 Tr-200 (same deck/hull as Tr-20X). Based on what I have seen on videos and read about the lengths of the Force trolling motor, at least for the Triton boats, you will not need anything longer than the 50-inch version. You have to realize, if you travel and cover the boat with the travel cover, the 57-inch Force is going to "stick-out" past the port side of the gunnel and possibly make your cover fit "differently". I have had three trolling motors on my boat and have never had a situation where anything longer than 45-inches (Motor Guide) would be needed. I'm in South Carolina and have fished my boat in shallow grass in many lakes in Florida, to the deep clear lakes of Norman, Harwell, Jocassee, Keowee and Lewis Smith, and been on lakes like Wheeler, Wilson and Guntersville.

P Ham

4. Member
    Awesome...50 Force it is... thanks guys for your info. I greatly appreciate it! Thanks again

5. Member
    I would concur with the 50 Force, it's what I have on my 2003 TR-21, and sometimes I think its too long, but I can always raise it and fix that problem. I'd recommend a wedge under the TM to bring the shaft up to near vertical, just my opinion, I added one and it worked great.
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S - S/N 2B745597

-------------------------
    Eric
    AWFC(NAC/AW) USN (Ret) - P-3C Flight Engineer

2003 TR-21 Bassmaster Classic Edition
    2020 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S
    Garmin 126sv (x3)
    LiveScope LSV 34 // 60A Monster Lithium
    Garmin Force 50" 36v // 3 Ionic 50A Lithium

6. Member
    Thank you MeBassn.. I sent you a PM. Thanks

7. Member