sending unit fuel float broke off in tank

It's been one of those weeks, and it's only Wednesday. One issue has turned into a series of poor decisions by me. I won't bore you with the details, but last night the rubber fuel float on my sending unit broke off in the tank. I can't see it or reach it to try and get it out. Is this something I need to be worried about or will it just float harmlessly around in the tank?

2. Member
    You'll be fine. There should be a "clunk" filter screen on the fuel pickup that keeps the big stuff out.

3. Member
    OK, thanks. That was my biggest concern was it getting sucked up and blocking or restricting fuel flow.

4. Member
    I would try and get it out ,before it start to break up in small pieces . Does your tank has the big open .That a person with small hands , could put on small gloves and reach it .
    I bet someone will come along and has got there's out .
    I could all kinds of problem 's down the run with your motor .Starving for fuel ? About like these gas lines breaking down ,these days.

Maybe if there is a metal piece still on the float you could use one of these Flexible-Magnetic-Bendable-Extension tools to fish it out. (Pun intended)

https://www.amazon.com/VASTOOLS-Flex...dDbGljaz10cnVl