Thread: Striker units

Striker units

I have a 9sv (console) and a 7cv (front deck), they are non linked and I知 just beginning the install process on both. It値l take me a couple days to do because of a young family and working a lot of hours. I do not plan to net work the units, will Active Captian share waypoints between them? Is there a way to share things between front and back? Be gentle with me, these are my first new units since 2003 and I bought those used.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

2. Member
    No.
    Garmin Striker are stand alone units, and not compatible with ActiveCaptain (the generation after, Striker Plus, is).

3. Member
    They are plus units

4. Member
    The Striker Plus units do not do User Data Sync, but you should be able to use ActiveCaptain as a "middle man" agent to manually transfer waypoints from a unit to the phone and then from the phone to the other unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I was hoping for that answer. These new units have a learning curve.

6. Member
    When I said they do not do User Data Sync I was referring to ActiveCaptain for that purpose. You said you didn't want to network them so I never mentioned that you could connect the brown to blue and blue to brown wires in the power cable bundle and the waypoints will auto sync. If you need to add wire I think Todd said to use 24 gauge. There's a setting in the unit you have to turn on.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.