Couples Club Championship

Wife and I played Sunday in a Shamble format.
    Gross Score Both players scores were used.
    Net used only best ball.
    She played outstanding 87.
    I played pretty good-78.
    We covered each other pretty well on the drives.
    Took second place gross which surprised us.
    Most importantly we had fun.

2. Member
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

3. Member
    Fun ? When my wife started golfing I had to learn real fast not to say she hit it fat . The first time her club caught my shin thesecond time I was already moving .we had to stop and have a discussion on the slang golf terms.

4. Member
    Very very nice...congrats.
    My wife and I play our best ball tourney in a little over a week...so glad and hoping to be able to play halfway ok. Shot under 100 last week....first time in weeks. Usually play just nine holes but seem a bit stronger now and have done 18 a couple timers....will see.
    Good luck all...have fun.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Fun ? When my wife started golfing I had to learn real fast not to say she hit it fat . The first time her club caught my shin thesecond time I was already moving .we had to stop and have a discussion on the slang golf terms.

I tried to have a discussion with my wife about pace of play - the one and only time we golfed together.

6. Member
    I played the golf club last Saturday and could have shot 78 except for the 12 extra shots I had to use to get out of the sand traps .
    After we got done set down and looked where my score came from ,I had 3 shots out of 4 different bunkers,something I wasn't used to the type of sand or maybe needed a different sole for that type of sand. Beautiful course and pretty good shape ,greens were slicker than I'm used to but that didn't take long to fix

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    I played the golf club last Saturday and could have shot 78 except for the 12 extra shots I had to use to get out of the sand traps .
    After we got done set down and looked where my score came from ,I had 3 shots out of 4 different bunkers,something I wasn't used to the type of sand or maybe needed a different sole for that type of sand. Beautiful course and pretty good shape ,greens were slicker than I'm used to but that didn't take long to fix
    Greens were very fast this weekend. But I like them fast. Bunkers are the last project the course needs-some have been fixed but not all. Many are positioned to give the golfer fits and it is better to be short of the green than in those bunkers. Fazio had a little devil in him on some of his design features there. I am glad you enjoyed it.