Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chicken wings on a pellet grill

What are some of your recipe or secrets.

2. Member

Do them at high temp so they will be crispy and not rubbery

4. Member

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Do them at high temp so they will be crispy and not rubbery
    +1. I add a light coat of corn starch after I put the rub on the wings. Helps get them crisp. 275 until done and usually have some good crisp to the wings.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

6. Member
    Smoke them with what ever rubs you like, I always finish them off in the air fryer to get crisp skin.
    John the Garage Doorman

7. Member
    I usually marinate overnight in zesty italian dressing but i was out so i used creole butter to marinate overnight then coat with bad byron butt rub mixed with light brown sugar, smoke for 20 min. at low temp. turn up heat to 250 for about 20 to 25 min, then coat with bbq sauce put back on grill for 10 to 15 minutes.

8. T Dub
    Toss in fresh lemon juice
    Coat in Greek seasoning
    smoke for 20 minutes @ 350*
    flip and smoke for another 20 minutes
    remove from grill and toss in buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce
    Back on grill for another 10 minutes

Enjoy

9. Member
    Lightly toss in olive oil then coat them in my dry rub overnight. The next day, cook at 180.

10. Member
    I cook my wings HOT and fast. I use a kettle grill though. No need for any fancy tricks to make them crispy when you are using enough heat.

11. Member
    The best way to smoke wings is with a kamado or kettle style grill. Hard to get crispy skin with a pellet grill. One thing you can try is put the wings on a tray in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours in uncovered to dry the skin some before smoking. Or after smoking, throw them in a fryer for a couple of minutes.

Not a pellet grill, but I have an electric smoker and I usually smoke wings for 2 hours and then put them on the gas grill at a high temp for 5 minutes then flip them and give them another 5 minutes to give them some crisp.
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

13. Member
    Malcolm Reed's recipe for Voodoo Wings is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by flippingmagician View Post
    Lightly toss in olive oil then coat them in my dry rub overnight. The next day, cook at 180.
    This is what I do. Dry them completely then I put them in a ziploc bag and a little oil. Toss around and then put my dry rub in. Cook at 275 and put sauce on for the last 10 minutes or so.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I grill em.

The day before you grill them, gallon ziplock bag, Allegro, garlic, Tony Chachere’s, in the fridge over night. I start with 300° Turn em a few times, finish at 400°. Crispy on the outside still juicy on the inside. Try it you’ll like it

16. Member
    I always do mine in my old L code Weber kettle. Use a Kettle Kone in the centre and foil around the bottom grill to force the air up thru the kone. This really ramps up the heat. The handle is too hot to touch!

Dry the wings with paper towel, then put them in the fridge for a few hours uncovered to dry the skin out even more, or sit them on the bench with a fan blowing directly on them.

Then my own rub goes on, its made with 20% semolina flour, which really helps give them a super crispy skin.

On they go to the Weber and 40 mins later they are done. Toss them in a bowl with your favourite sauce. Enjoy.

17. Member
    A little salt and pepper, then on the rec tec @350. When done, Put in a large bowl and roll in Sweet baby ray's red chili wing sauce.

18. Banned
    Any of the above and Brine first

19. Member
    Mine is requested a lot and easy to to do. All done on a Webber kettle

Place the wings in a large mixing bowl. Coat with a small amount of olive oil. Then apply a nice coating of honey rub
    Get the coals going and put them on one side of the grill so you can add more coals on under the hinged portion of the grate
    Add the wings to the non heat side of the grill so none are over the coals then toss some apple wood chips in and smoke for 30 min
    Now apply with a brush a light coat of Franks red hot to the top side of the wing and cook for another 5 minutes covered indirect
    Turn them over and apply a coat the other side and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
    To help keep temp you may need to add some coles along the way.
    Next finish the wings over the direct coles to give them nice grilled marks for a minute or two on each side
    If desired at another coating of buffalo sauce while they are on the grill.

The nice thing about these is you get a little sweet from the rub, some heat from the sauce, some smoky taste and some grilled taste and best of all the sauce is cooked into the finished product so you don’t have a huge mess when eating them

Dry them and rub them down with a little baking powder and your favorite rub. Yardbird works well in my opinion. Refrigerate for minimum 4hrs uncovered. Run em at 275* for around and hour then another 20-30 at 375* to crisp them up. Skins not rubbery at all, nice crispy bite through and the flavor is out of this world.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast