Thread: 2020 BT 195TWX

Question 2020 BT 195TWX

What exactly is the $445 brake upgrade on the BT trailer?

Is it worth the extra cost?

I'll be towing with either the Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Nissan Frontier truck, both are 2 wheel drive vehicles.

2. Member
    my 2019 195 has no trailer brakes... I have had ZERO issues. towed with a F150 and a Tundra... never know the boat is there

3. Member
    It is a surge brake system. You be the judge. IMO if you are using a full size truck they are probably not needed. If you are going to tow with something smaller I would probably consider it.

4. Member
    What's the GVW of the trailer?

I'd venture to guess just below the minimum for mandatory brake system?
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    What's the GVW of the trailer?

I'd venture to guess just below the minimum for mandatory brake system?
    6,500lbs.

6. Member
    Here, and alot of states have min requirements. In Mass. below 3K is minimum before needing brakes on public roads.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    It is a surge brake system. You be the judge. IMO if you are using a full size truck they are probably not needed. If you are going to tow with something smaller I would probably consider it.
    This. I towed my 175txw with a Grand Cherokee and it towed AND STOPPED it fine but not sure I would want to pull a 195 with one unless the trailer had brakes on it. Not sure how the brakes are on a Frontier but I'd be afraid of a 195 pushing the back end around and jack knifing the truck and trailer in a panic stop on wet roads if already in a turn. Anyone who has experienced the trailer trying to push the back end of a tow vehicle around knows what I'm talking about. Most vehicles will tow up to their rated tow weight fine but stopping is a whole different animal.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

I tow a 175 with a Frontier 4x4. It really tows great. My truck is a 2017, pretty good size disc brakes all around. Remember you have a 4.0 V6. But you also have a frame that is a lot like a Titan frame that’s why you can do a titan swap on all fronts end four-wheel-drive parts. You’re a pull it just fine

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.