Help fishing Bob's

Fishing north west river out of Bob's.
    Water is high and 75°
    Give me some ideas please.
    can
    Od935509

2. Banned
    I used to fish there alot when I was stationed at the Beach. Fished a few of the Tourny's out of there before the big cheaters got caught.
    This was around 90-97 Even then was lots and lots of dead empty water.. Big fish kills due to flooding over last few years hasnt done it any favors.
    I learned I always did way better fishing in the evening. Seems everyone else was gone by 2pm.

Anyway... Now this is really old info.
    The creek that runs up the west side of the park was a good area.
    Under the railroad bridge used to be a deep hole that would fill up with crappie during coldest time of the year.
    Other than that seemed to catch more bowfin than bass.
    Id run to Tulls bay, the southern shore of tulls bay starting at corner of the sound and headed west a couple hundred meters, lots of boat docks and used to be lots of grass, Id buzz the matted grass, that was fun.. ALso go straight west and up the first mile or so of tulls creek. Has some decent water and wood cover with steeper banks that arnt so spread out marsh.

Be advised about halfway down the river is the state line, different license and size limits.

3. Member
    Thanks
    First few days were tough.
    Found some fish. Next day water was in the parking lot at ramp. Today got 4 and water is still way high. Fished Tulls colony but didn't go out in the bay.
    Tomorrow I'll try up Tulls Creek.
    Thanks for the help.
    can
    Od935509

4. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I fish Bob's/NWR all the time. If the water is high, stay home. Even the best local sticks struggle with high water. Too many places way back in the weeds for them to run and hide.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

5. Portajohn
    Been fishing tournaments out of Bob's since the 70's. Never heard of any cheating or any cheaters being caught....interesting.

6. Member
    I had a great trip.
    Beautiful river. Fished Pungo ferry the last day. Another beautiful place to fish.
    Hope to relocate to chesapeake soon. Looking forward to fishing from Bob's.
    Nice quiet place.
    can
    Od935509

7. Banned
    North River a bit farther down used to be my favorite. Have not fished it since the Gaston Pipeline. No idea if it is still a freshwater fishery or not.