boat ramp near the Woodrow Wilson Bridge?

I have crossed the bridge many times heading north for work. I thought it might be nice to see it from the water and do some fishing below the bridge. Is there a ramp on the VA side and if so how far from the bridge?
    I can put in at Leesylvania and it is about 18 miles or Pohick Bay I think about 8 miles.
    Thanks!

2. Banned
    Bell Haven marina is very close to the bridge on the Virginia side of the river. Ramp is not the greatest and you need to be careful launching and reloading your boat on low tide. Not much water around the ramp. Gravely Point (north end of Airport) is another option but not as close to WW Bridge as Bell Haven ramp

3. mikesxpress

4. Member
    Looking at the navionics web app with the added sonar logs there is navigable water up to Georgetown area on the Potomac. Looks like there is good water at Columbia marina at Alexandria. With the covid and more people on the water are we best to go on a Friday or Monday and avoid traffic on the weekends?

5. mikesxpress
    Garland the Columbia Island Marina behind the Pentagon is a great ramp and they have a security guard on duty there. The weekday traffic in that area was pretty bad pre-covid but might be doable now. Keep in mind anything above the WW bridge is DC waters and a DC fishing license as well as a boaters safety course certificate is required. The DC cops and USCG patrol heavily there and they have expanded allot of the no wake zones up to Georgetown.

6. Member
    I was thinking might be better with security guard on duty. Are the no wake zones shown on a dc map or navionics maps?
    Thanks

7. Member
    I use belle haven when I want to fish DC area on the river but always check the tide first. If it’s low tide around the time im planing on pulling out I will goto Gravely Point by the airport.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.