to add a jackplate or no? (not a brand bash fest please)

ok, 1st off I know it will void the transom warranty... so that aside, I was looking for some input from my fellow tracker owners on the pros/cons to adding a hydraulic jackplate (or manual) to your rig. I have a 2019 195 TXW with a 150 Pro Xs. Performance wise the boat it bone stock. I feel pretty good on my speeds, averaging in the low 50's, and ive seen 59 a couple times when the water is right and I hit that sweet spot on the trim(full throttle obviously). I have toyed with the idea of adding a jackplate to help me handle a little better in rougher waters and maybe give me a little more of an edge on tweaking my speeds and overall versatility. Anyways, those of you that run a plate, would you do it again? is it worth the money for the gains you get? do yall recommend a 6" or a 4"?

2. Banned
    Go to the setup page and ask Pat Geoff he has a lot of experience setting up tin hulls.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcodylew View Post
    ok, 1st off I know it will void the transom warranty... so that aside, I was looking for some input from my fellow tracker owners on the pros/cons to adding a hydraulic jackplate (or manual) to your rig. I have a 2019 195 TXW with a 150 Pro Xs. Performance wise the boat it bone stock. I feel pretty good on my speeds, averaging in the low 50's, and ive seen 59 a couple times when the water is right and I hit that sweet spot on the trim(full throttle obviously). I have toyed with the idea of adding a jackplate to help me handle a little better in rougher waters and maybe give me a little more of an edge on tweaking my speeds and overall versatility. Anyways, those of you that run a plate, would you do it again? is it worth the money for the gains you get? do yall recommend a 6" or a 4"?
    I put a 6" manual jack-plate from Vance on my 175TXW whilst trying to sort out the best prop and motor height, and I couldn't be happier with it. I mainly put it on for easy adjustability to fine tune the performance, rather than constantly having to move the motor's bolts through the transom. Vance's jack-plate is well built, was cost effective (~$250), and was easy to install. They can supply the hardware as well as a performance plate (hole-shot plate) and other accessories. Shipping was quick, and it has performed flawlessly with easy adustment. The model I have is the JPL4500.

*EDIT*
    By the way, I see that you are in Ooltewah. I am in Knoxville, and another reason I chose Vance is that they are a TN business (located in Taft, TN - just 2.25 hours from Ooltewah).

4. Member
    *EDIT*
    By the way, I see that you are in Ooltewah. I am in Knoxville, and another reason I chose Vance is that they are a TN business (located in Taft, TN - just 2.25 hours from Ooltewah). [/QUOTE]

Thats awesome,good to know @msupc !! thank you for the input... I guess that's something else I need to consider is I may need change the prop if I add a plate... also does the Vance come pre drilled to accommodate poles/talons? (I guess I could go look myself lol)

I never had a plate on a Tracker but I do think it will help performance tuning. Also, for the needs you stated like rough water performance, it sounds like you want to be able to adjust it per the conditions at the moment so that leads you to a hydraulic plate. I'd go with 6"
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    thanks berudd! im thinking the hydraulic would be best for my needs as well... just not confident on the install and installing the blinker switches... im sure there is some info on here if I dig deep enough

7. Member
    While adding a backplate I would definitely check with your dealer to make sure it doesn't void your hull warranty.... If it wasn't an option from Tracker then if you ever have hull or transom issues, they WILL decline the claim.

8. Member
    I think it WILL void the warranty... maybe... but for that matter so would adding power poles so I'm trying to weigh the pros/cons because I cant afford one of them fancy glass boats

9. Member
    I put a 5" setback on my Tracker 185 when I went to a 4 blade prop, just because like you said it's easier to adjust up and down rather than un-bolting it every time and you can get measurements in between where the bolts are. I think center bolt hole to center bolt hole is an inch, and the plate lets you in between. I love it, also gets the motor a little farther back out of the way, any oil and gas runs out, not in the boat....Of coarse I was not worried about the warranty, since I didn't buy it new I didn't have one

10. #FRB
    Being a 195 I honestly wouldn't do it. They had transom issues the first year and even if they did fix the problem who's to say it wouldn't happen again especially with the extra stress a jackplate puts on the transom. You're having to choose a marginal performance difference over keeping your hull warranty and reliability over time. It's your boat and your choice but the 195 is one of those hulls I wouldn't even consider putting a plate on.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Wouldnt hesitate one second to put one on. These hulls react very well to 6” of setback and hydraulic is even sweeter yet. I wish i had gone hydro on my old tracker after having the atlas on the new boat. Fine tuning is a breeze. 4.5” below hull bottom runs very well on this hull you will see a speed and handling benefit and the ability to get out of the hole better in shallow water. They have their transom issues figured out that was just the early models. I ran a 6” plate on my old tracker for 8 years and its still running now guy that bought it runs it 4 days a week still not a crack on that boat. Alot of issues with cracking are people abusing them in rough water. None of the tin boats can tolerate that forever.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.