Falcon 205 and Merc 250 4 stroke guys step in please

What plugs are you running in your Fury prop? Seems like the only way to not get any blowout on take off is to trim all the way down and the plate all the way down....currently have medium plugs in the prop.

2. Member
    You can also send your prop off to have more cup added to the blade tips to prevent slip/blowout on holeshot.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Banned
    Can also try a different prop, like a Tempest Plus.

4. Member
    If you are getting blowout put in the smalls or even close the holes. Four strokes do not need the holes for the most part. I swap between a 23 Tempest, 25 bravo XS and a 23 Solas. (apparently until I do something stupid to the prop and such up some gravel (Tempest) or tap a rock while fishing (Bravo)). On the Tempest I have 2 full (closed) plugs and 1 small plug because I could not find a third closed.

5. Member
    2020 F205, with Merc 250hp, mine has the Fury 3 blade 23p. I am playing with the plugs also. It came without any plugs and that is how i ran it for the first couple of hours and i had the same problem. I currently am using the plugs with the biggest hole and it seems to be better, trim all the way down, set the plate at about 9 or 10 and as soon as i step on the pedal i'm dropping the plate, i'm not waiting on break over at all. It seems to be better but i do have to feather the pedal until i get my plate down to about a 3 or 4. Figured i would run this a couple of more times and then go to the next size plug and keep playing with it. Let me know how yours turns out.
    Last edited by trainspotter; 10-09-2020 at 02:37 PM.