Rt188 / x18 trailer upgrade or replacement?

Anyone priced a better trailer? Or even the 189’s trailer from Ranger?
    2014.X18 TRITON Merc 115 pro xs. 19p Spitfire. 4” vance jp. Humminbird helix 12 mega di bow, helix 7 SI Console. Motorguide digital Tour 82

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by x18 View Post
    Anyone priced a better trailer? Or even the 189’s trailer from Ranger?
    My trailer was upgraded when the wheel came off the old one and caused too much damage. Larger frame, bigger tires and LED lights on the new one and I believe it was priced right around $3500 from Marine Master (dealer and insurance handled everything)....this is for a Triton 18TX

3. Member
    Oh man that sounds like what I’m wanting.
    2014.X18 TRITON Merc 115 pro xs. 19p Spitfire. 4” vance jp. Humminbird helix 12 mega di bow, helix 7 SI Console. Motorguide digital Tour 82

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    My trailer was upgraded when the wheel came off the old one and caused too much damage. Larger frame, bigger tires and LED lights on the new one and I believe it was priced right around $3500 from Marine Master (dealer and insurance handled everything)....this is for a Triton 18TX
    Interesting.
    What I with my new Triton, all though Dealer did it for me before I bought boat. As I refused to purchase the only trailer triton will sell.
    Steel painted trailer was a deal breaker for me. Didnt cost me that much, Triton backed trailer out of the deal and we added the aluminum
    Last edited by Dropdeadfred; 10-01-2020 at 03:54 PM.

5. Member
    The All Aluminum Ranger Trail option is an excellent trailer, if still available. Magic Tilt also manufactures all aluminum.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Interesting.
    What I with my new Triton, all though Dealer did it for me before I bought boat. As I refused to purchase the only trailer triton will sell.
    Steel painted trailer was a deal breaker for me. Didnt cost me that much, Triton backed trailer out of the deal and we added the aluminum Marine master.
    Oh nice!! Shoot me some pics of this!!

7. Member
    Love my boat! But this trailer is embarrassing to even have the Triton logo on it.

8. Member
    I have thought about replacing mine with an aluminum tandem axle and may very well do it in the future.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

Regardless of who builds your trailer, I suggest you ask for a 4 bunk option. I added 2 additional bunks to my 2018 Ranger Trail and it is a big help with loading.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    I have thought about replacing mine with an aluminum tandem axle and may very well do it in the future.
    I agree! Tandem would definitely give greater piece of mind.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Regardless of who builds your trailer, I suggest you ask for a 4 bunk option. I added 2 additional bunks to my 2018 Ranger Trail and it is a big help with loading.

Looks awesome! I definitely like the idea of that as well!

12. Member

Obviously not a Ranger, BUT....

I'm finishing up a 5 month total renovation of my boat. I have been looking for a dual axle to replace my single axle, primarily for the safety due to fairly long hauls. Finally found a suitable one and I'm thrilled with it. Still have to modify and paint it, but, it pulls SO much better and provides so much more peace of mind.

0828201937_HDR~2.jpg0913201914~3.jpg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    Got the pics ! Thanks! That’s what I need!