250 Proxs frustrated bad performance issues Help long sorry

250 Pro xs 4 stroke serial #2B694318
    I purchased the motor new From Dixie Marine in crate last October it was Shipped to mercury dealer in Georgia and installed. The first 30 hours this motor performed in awesome. I have a 2016 Triton 21trx elite with Talons. Too speed with me by my self was 76 mph at 5990 to 6k rpms . The speed is still on merc /lowrance.

In February performance issues started. One day the boat will run like it should. Then you go out the next trip and it will only run 60 to 62 mph at 5300 to 5500 mph with a sluggish hole shot. The trim pin has been replaced twice recently changed to new design. The boat does not lift and the trim guAge on the Mercury software on the lowrance is very erratic .the dealer called the Mercury area TAM. Then the lock down started. Mercury TAM could not travel. Numerous run files have been sent to Mercury . The TAM finally came about a month ago water tested the boat could duplicate the boat ran good on two consecutive days . The tam Decided to change the trim system, and said fuel pressure was a little high. Nothing changed with changing of the trim system.
    I have run the boat three times and it still will only run 60 to 62 mph .

I get a call from my dealer and he tells me that he got another customer with similar issue new motor low hours. That there was carbon on a piston and the TAM tell my dealerthere is a KNOWN ISSUE with plug wires. The plug wires have Ben ordered. Now the the wires are back ordered. Do the plugs need to change 60 hours on the plugs.
    I have never been more frustrated . Does anyone think the ecu needs to be changed .
    thanks in advanced for your help . Rory 678-410-2073

Take it to Don Weed in Greenville. You are only a couple of hours away from him. He helped me with my 2007 when no one else could figure it out. He knows his Mercs

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Let them get the plug wires in and install them (perhaps plugs as required) and see what happens. Have seen a few where wires chafed against objects causing leakage (sometimes intermittent).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Will do thank you
    don

5. Member
    Don I’m being told it will take to the end of October to get plug wires. Is that correct ?
    thanks

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's entirely possible. I have some on backorder too. You have a PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Don
    I still have the ongoing saga with this boat . Demand decors plugs wires you name it it has been performed . There boat had been running better 6000 rpms with me 71 lightly loaded. Touramentvliad 2 people full of gas 67 to 68. 5700 to 5800 rpm . 23 or 23 fury 3 does not matter. Came in the other day was only running 50 to 60 and it felt like it lost a cylinder felt the motor notch down .
    as of now 60 mph was top speed might get in it tomorrow and it run 70
    very frustrating . I would like a appointment . There has been at least 6 run files set to mercury in the last year . Been a few months since a run file was performed .
    when hohnload the boat down it gets a lot worse .
    yhanks
    rory
    678-410-2073

8. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Take it to Don Weed in Greenville. You are only a couple of hours away from him. He helped me with my 2007 when no one else could figure it out. He knows his Mercs
    This is the best advice you can get!

Go see Don

9. Member
    I concur, take it to Don and problems solved!

10. Member
    Appointment scheduled end of May