Thread: Map card

Map card

I have two garmin echomap plus 93sv units they dont show the potomac or upper bay. What cards are everyone useing with garmin? I seen the coastal card $350 is that what I need?

2. mikesxpress
    Andrew I use a Navionics + card in my Lowrance units and it does a good job with the Potomac and most everything else you select when updating.
    Tips:
    1. Once signed in to update the map card delete existing card info 1st.
    2. Only select and download the map/sonar area you will be fishing. The more areas you select/download the slower it processes in your MFD.
    3. Do NOT download community edits! This is crap that Biff/Buffy and Bubba uploaded. It's not verified by Navionics.

Garmin units will not work with Navionics cards. I have a card from my old lowrance units. I Bought a used boat and it has garmin units. The potomac and bay show nothing on the garmin maps. I just don't want to hit something with my boat. Thanks for your help!

4. Member
    I didn't know Navionics wouldn't work on Garmin. I almost went with them when I had my new to me triton rigged. I'm glad I kept what I was use to with Humminbird. I will agree with Mike that Navionics + does a good job with Potomac. I'm not aware of any other cards you could go with.

I might post this in the garmin section.
    Last edited by 8AnDrEw9; 09-29-2020 at 08:32 PM.

6. Member
    Garmin owns Navionics. Can’t use the Navi card in Garmin unit yet, but I heard there is a way to get updates .
    call Garmin customer service

7. Banned
    Hey 8AnDrEw9...sorry you got bad information from this board but you are right. Currently, Navionics does not currently work with Garmin units but I suspect eventually that may come to be.

8. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Garmin owns Navionics. Can’t use the Navi card in Garmin unit yet, but I heard there is a way to get updates .
    call Garmin customer service
    That is exactly why I noted the Navionics+ card. It doesn't work in the Garmin units now but it will soon. It's the only map card I've found that details most of Potomac.

Jerry you don't need to be sorry. It wasn't bad information and you had nothing to do with my response.

9. Banned
    Hey Mike. just didn't see anything in your original reply stating that the Nav + card would work in the Garmin anytime soon.

Thanks for the replies. I orderd a used genuine garmin card from eBay I think might work.....(Garmin BlueChart g3 HXUS604x)...... I Will find out monday. I hope Navionics cards Will work eventually.

Update.... The map card did work for the potomac... Thanks for the help.

12. Member
    From the Garmin website:
    GET THE RESULT!
    The enormous amount of depth data contributed by all plotter and mobile users is processed together by Navionics. After about one week, the new SonarChart, , is available for the whole community on plotter, mobile and on the web!

This is how you can get it:
    On your plotter: Garmin plotters are not compatible with Navionics cards at the moment. If you have the chance to use one of the many Navionics compatible plotters on the market, you can purchase Navionics Updates and unlock it with your Garmin card (which you will still be able to use). You will have access to SonarChart, our award-winning 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetrychart and all the other Navionics+ content and features at half price!
    On your mobile app: go to Menu>Update All (or Download Map).
    On the web: view SonarChart for free on our Chart Viewer.

13. Member
    8A - did the G3 show 1’ contours for the Potomac?
    I was told the Vision MidAtlantic or New York -Norfolk has 1’ contours and shading. $$$

Very satisfied with my Navionics Platinum + for Lowrance HDSG3 unit Mapping for Potomac, upperbay and lakes and will stick with it until Garmin Navionics catches up.