Thread: Ionic batteries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Friend was saying my min Kota precision charger on the gel setting is compatible with the ionic. True?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North Kitty View Post
    Friend was saying my min Kota precision charger on the gel setting is compatible with the ionic. True?
    Hey, Chris. Actually, I said "AGM" setting on the MK Precision Charger would work, from what I've been told.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

3. Member
    Well then. You said gel than went to agm. Get to work!!!

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The MinnKota 440pc and the 460pc is compatible when set to AGM/HP
    Ionic requires 14.6 volts for a bulk charge from the start then Float at 13.4v
    the Minnkota is not to those exact specs but close enough that if you already have one there is no need to buy a new charger
    if you have a factory DualPro that isnt compatible and need to buy a charger Id pick the Ionic charger first and then a Minnkota or NOCO I sell all 3 along with the Stealth Charging system
    I also sell DualPro and their New 12-24 and 12/36 is compatible

Oh and PowerPole Charger also works well with Ionics and can be purchased by some other Board sponsors like kandkkustomzhydrographics

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    ��thank you. I guess I will stay with my 2 Minn Kotas. Thank you andy

6. Member
    One good thing about messenger is that you can actually still get to your messages...Haha

You are correct, I accidentally said gel, then corrected myself.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

7. Member
    I think I broke Andy's website. It won't load

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North Kitty View Post
    I think I broke Andy's website. It won't load
    its been a little busy lately, im doing some updates tonight see if I can speed things up
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    After replacing five AGM31's with dual Ionic starting batteries (125aH) & three trolling motor batteries (100aH) on Sunday, I had the opportunity to get out and give them a workout. The boat weighs between 280-300 Lbs less with the new batteries. The first test was the hole shot. All I can say is WOW! I hit the hotfoot and on plane in seconds with little to no bow lift. Hit 68MPH in no time flat! Next we fired up the HDSLive 16, two HDSLive 12's, The 1222 Garmin & Livescope, the Bird Helix 10 w/MEGA 360, both live wells, deck (10 each) and nav lights. Ran this for six hours, and as a bonus caught 3 3.5 lbs LM bass.

Got done & the two starting batteries were at 85%, trolling motors batteries .... 94%! Bought her back to the garage & all batteries were charged to full charge in under three hours. To say I am pleased & impressed (besides being broke), is an understatement. Andy at Drewcraft is THE man! He assisted me in setting up the right system for my 21PHX. The transformation is complete into the boat I dreamed of owning! Those involved in making this come to fruition: Richie & Sean at Wieda's Marine, Van Foster at Bass Boat Technologies, Andy at DrewCraft, and Brian at BBG Marine. All of these folks are top notch in their field of expertise & I HIGHLY recommend using and supporting them as BBC Sponsors!
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

10. Member
    Great review

11. Member
    Have got to fish 6 tourneys this year with my 3 50ah trolling motor batteries, all I can say is that I have had zero issues and have had full power for the whole day of fishing, its really nice never having to worry about your trolling motor batteries running out of juice!

12. Member
    I have 3 50ah TM batteries and 120ah cranking, Ionic charger and minnkota DC run charger. Couldn't be happier with their performance. After a day of fishing, TM batteries are at least 60% and topped off within 3 hours. Definitely get the run charger; one trip before installing and batteries were down to 15%.
    Not to mention removing about 250 lbs from back end. Also, you will probably need the terminal adapter to get everything back on the post, the Ionic terminal posts are short. $20 it so for the pair is cheap... Only needed the one post positive side.

13. Moderator
    I have 3 ah50's and 125ah for starting. Also bought there charger. Awesome batteries.

14. Member
    Best move I have made in a awhile. Its nice to NEVER have to worry about battery power, EVER. I run (4) big Garmins, Livescope, GoPro, and fish on 100 all day. It's only been a few months, but I will never have a boat without them.

15. Member
    I have had my Ionic batteries troll ,cranking & the Ionic charger for about 90 days .They have been flawless .And the hole shot is greatly improved. I will never have a lead battery again if they continue to preform as they do now.

16. Member
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to upgrade at least my TM batteries and this Friday I took all the juice out of my stock TM batteries on a half day trip. (36V 112 Ultrex). We were chasing stripers in current and strong wind and by 11.30am they were dead!! Never happened to me before. Now I'm thinking this upgrade needs to happen sooner. I got home, charged them, then connected each one to the Battery Tester and they checked out ok. :/

How do you know if you need the 50ah or the 100ah for TM? Kind of wish they had a 75ah.
    Last edited by steph281086; 10-11-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph281086 View Post
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to upgrade at least my TM batteries and this Friday I took all the juice out of my stock TM batteries on a half day trip. (36V 112 Ultrex). We were chasing stripers in current and strong wind and by 11.30am they were dead!! Never happened to me before. Now I'm thinking this upgrade needs to happen sooner. I got home, charged them, then connected each one to the Battery Tester and they checked out ok. :/

How do you know if you need the 50ah or the 100ah for TM? Kind of wish they had a 75ah.
    Me too. 50 seems just a hair to small and 100 is a lot more than I need for the price. A good 75 or 80 would be great

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    if you can take a brand new 27 or 29 wet cell any brand or most 27 agms and go fish they way you want to fish without the batteries draining on you in 8 hours then the 50ah will normally be just fine and in most cases they will exceed the finishing time of any of those especially with a 36v system
    if you fish rivers with strong current or plan on trolling for crappie or stripers or you currently need 31 agms to fish you probably need the 100ah

I have discussed the 75ah option but with the Prismatic cells used in the IONIC batteries the production cost is basically the same on a 75ah or a 100ah, if they made a 75ah it would have to sell for about the same price as the 100ah so it made more sense to just make the 50ah and the 100ah .

as always check with me on Pricing for BBC and Phoenix Owner Discounts
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    should a person get (2) 12 volt batteries for a 24 volt elec motor, or (1) 24 volt battery? what are the advantages/disadvantages of each choise? and will your sale still be on in the spring, might have some money by then. depends on whether or not the credit union gets me my money back
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    should a person get (2) 12 volt batteries for a 24 volt elec motor, or (1) 24 volt battery? what are the advantages/disadvantages of each choise? and will your sale still be on in the spring, might have some money by then. depends on whether or not the credit union gets me my money back
    same performance of either setup, I prefer using 2 12v over 1 24v
    my reasons, makes charging simpler, can use a 3 bank charger VS a 24v and a 12v for starting
    if for some reason there was and issue with a battery you can use a 12v lead battery temporally to get by although problems with these isnt very common
    also if you ever decided to go to a 36v trolling motor just add a battery

Tom I will always have a good price for you anytime.

keep in mind that the DualPro charger that come in a Phoenix will not work with lithium

I sell a lot of those 24v batteries to Bullet owners
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast