Trailer bunks on benchmark trailer

Got under my boat last week. Had been hearing a loud smacking noise when loading boat on trailer the last 2 trips out. Noticed the 2 outside trailer bunks have a gap between the boats hull and bunks. I can actually fit my fingers and hand between the bunks and boat hull. Boat only touches at each end of 2x4s where braces are attached to frame. Looks like 2x4s weren't crowned the right direction so the u,ed place in boards is facing up instead of down, or trailer braces are not right.

I've also heard of some other benchmark trailer bunk boards breaking on outside 2 bunks. Benchmark uses 2x4s Instead of 2x6s.

2. Member
    Sounds like the same issue I had with my marine master trailer under my Phoenix. When I switched to gatorbaks I had to put shims under the boards to get everything right because the bracing was all jacked up. It's hard to see until the carpet wears down or you put on something like gatorbaks. Once I shimmed it though it was all good. I just got some aluminum flat bar from lowes and cut it and drilled holes to fit under the bunks. I think it was 1-1/2" wide and 1/8" thick

3. Member
    Mines a 2020 boat. Seems quality control needs to step up. Just like I found this issue, so should they. Mine touches each end of 2x4 bunks, just centers bow, "u shaped" down and don't make contact with boat hull through out center. Seems benchmark Trailer should be flipping the bunks over so 2x4 is crowned, bow in board facing up, to contact boat hull. I myself have done this on other Trailers. Im heading to plant Friday for other issues. Adding this one to the list. No worries.

4. Member
    Bill what other issues are you having?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405