Thread: 2015 225 prop

2015 225 prop

So my T1 25 on my 225 sho is done (cracked hub housing). Looking to get a new prop and was thinking of going with a mercury prop, probably going to try to pick one up here in the next few days. Question is what prop would be the best all around my T1 turned 5900-6000 rpms with a heavy load. Hate that I have to replace it. Also what hub kit would I need and thrush washer of going with a mercury prop?

Here I go again...

The 25p Tempest is the best all-around prop. It will carry a heavy load well, and give you good top speeds. You might be able to turn a 26p with a light load, but the 25p will work in most cases. Any Tempest you find will need to be worked before it will perform as well as the T-1. The SHO T-1 was the best performing stock prop I have ever had. I just don't like the Yamaha hub and hardware. I like having spare(s) props. It's much easier to swap props when they all use the same hardware.

I don't know the part number, but you will need the Mercury/Quicksilver Flo-torq hub kit for Yamaha motors. There are several different kits, so make sure you get the one rated for your hp. Once you have the kit, you can run any prop that takes a Flo-torq hub.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225