Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Update I lowered the frequency all the way down to the lowest .. punched it and seemed to hold longer.. got excited thought I was a genius then the same lost contact as usual.. freakin disappointment

2. Member
    Still does not work, after testing on water. I am at a loss.

3. Member
    Moved the GT8 shoot-thru transducer as far back as it can go in bilge. Now works to 40mph.

I noticed they used regular marine silicon, instead of epoxy.
    And also is the face of the GT8 have a circle of what appears to be silicon.

4. Member
    i have a Nitro as well , I have 2- Garmin 126sv at console with the gt30 and gt8ih bundle with y cable lose bottom at 47mph have tried the gt15 with anti freeze and it lost bottom at 45 to 49 mph bad design in transducers , my lowrance hds carbon with a in hull transducer never lost bottom up 77 mph . Also fish local stuff with Todd Auten and Hank Cherry that finished top 3 in this years bassmaster classic that have same issue and one runs a bass cat and the other a ranger and they are 2 of Garmins top sponsored anglers .
    SO IS WHAT I DID TO FIX PROBLEM WAS RUN ON FISHING CHART THAT LETS YOU HAVE THE DEPTH SHADING SO I ALWAYS KNOW WHERE THE SHALLOW WATER IS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorguy55 View Post
    i have a Nitro as well , I have 2- Garmin 126sv at console with the gt30 and gt8ih bundle with y cable lose bottom at 47mph have tried the gt15 with anti freeze and it lost bottom at 45 to 49 mph bad design in transducers , my lowrance hds carbon with a in hull transducer never lost bottom up 77 mph . Also fish local stuff with Todd Auten and Hank Cherry that finished top 3 in this years bassmaster classic that have same issue and one runs a bass cat and the other a ranger and they are 2 of Garmins top sponsored anglers .
    SO IS WHAT I DID TO FIX PROBLEM WAS RUN ON FISHING CHART THAT LETS YOU HAVE THE DEPTH SHADING SO I ALWAYS KNOW WHERE THE SHALLOW WATER IS
    Thats what I do. I have the 3 in 1 54HD transducer that is mounted on the boat pad. It does the same thing loosing the bottom while on plane. I just rely on the maps and shading. After awhile it just becomes second nature. If I was running a lake that fluctuated a great deal like Lake Amistad, I might be more concerned. I would definitely be setting the unit with the current lake level before I headed out from the launch if that was the case.

6. Member
    Same here,,, Lowrance worked fine in the nitro, the garmin has issues, a touring pro with a ranger has the same issue with garmin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12