Anyone on Douglas

Anyone on a decent bite at Douglas right now? Went out twice over the last week: 1st morning I went had a few good blowups on a buzzbait and then the bite shut off completely after about an hour of daylight. 2nd morning it was like total lockjaw - had a couple very, very subtle bites throwing a shaky head after all else failed but couldn't get anything to fully commit.

Water temp on the upper end measured under 70 degrees yesterday...thinking the fish are behind and just shut down right now, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight they cared to mention (don't want to steal anyone's secret )

Needless to say, based on the Watts Bar thread...may have to head there soon!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

2. Member
    Was out last week and the topwater bite was on from daylight til we had to leave at 1pm. Also picked up a few cranking 8-10 feet on points.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Was out last week and the topwater bite was on from daylight til we had to leave at 1pm. Also picked up a few cranking 8-10 feet on points.
    Thanks I appreciate that! Topwater is my favorite thing to throw anytime of year, so next time I will keep that rod in my hand and keep covering some water!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking