Thread: 106sv OR 126sv

106sv OR 126sv

Hey All - I'm getting ready to buy my first bass rig. I know I am going to put livescope on, so I'll run dual graphs up front. I was leaning towards a 12" at the console and two 10" at the bow to save some money. My question - is it worth the extra $800/per graph to go with 126sv over the 106sv?

Appreciate the inputs!

2. Member
    MY budget will only allow a 10" or 12" unit up front-not two units total- what are guys using 2x 10" unit up front or one 12" unit up front?

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont have 4 units on my boat but have a 12" (console) and 9" (bow)......i just recently swapped them around and like the 12" up front. Now my plan is to get rid of the 9" and replace it by a 10" unless i can save up extra $$ for another 12"......

Heck when buying a new rig, what's $800 when paying $50K (I'm just assuming thats your cost).......why not get what you want now so you dont have to revisit the "issue" months down the road......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmorisaki View Post
    Hey All - I'm getting ready to buy my first bass rig. I know I am going to put livescope on, so I'll run dual graphs up front. I was leaning towards a 12" at the console and two 10" at the bow to save some money. My question - is it worth the extra $800/per graph to go with 126sv over the 106sv?

Appreciate the inputs!
    I have this exact setup and am happy with it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I dont have 4 units on my boat but have a 12" (console) and 9" (bow)......i just recently swapped them around and like the 12" up front. Now my plan is to get rid of the 9" and replace it by a 10" unless i can save up extra $$ for another 12"......

Heck when buying a new rig, what's $800 when paying $50K (I'm just assuming thats your cost).......why not get what you want now so you dont have to revisit the "issue" months down the road......

Ha! I've been approaching it with a little of that mentality and its cheaper to get what you want now, versus buying more next year. But I have to figure out where to cut if off, otherwise I'll blow that $50k budget right out of the water.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmyers View Post
    I have this exact setup and am happy with it.
    Thanks for the feedback! It is amazing how quickly the costs rise when you start adding stuff to the boat.

7. Member
    I have two 106's one up front and 1 at the console. I have the one at the console flush mounted in the dash and wished it wash mounted differently. The steering wheel blocks part of the screen.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex
    Garmin Echomap ultra 106sv bow/console
    Joined the revolution 10/25/19