Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My driveway comes down at a slight incline before leveling off so the vehicle sits on the incline when loading/unloading. I had a heck of a time hooking/unhooking until I started LIGHTLY greasing the ball with some Lucas grease I use for other stuff on the trailer.
    Engage the parking brake before shifting to park, that way the truck won't add any tension to the ball and coupling.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Engage the parking brake before shifting to park, that way the truck won't add any tension to the ball and coupling.
    Yeah i always do, it just seems like it never wanted to slide on unless i was perfectly lined up under the coupler.

I just use regular motor oil. I put a very small amount on a rag and wipe it on the ball. Then with a clean rag I wipe off any excess. I typically do this about once per year. My truck and boat stay in garage year round so I don't have to worry about any driveway stains from the rain. I do have a cover that goes over my ball that I keep on the ball when nothing is hooked to the truck.

4. Member
    I like to keep my balls clean and dry. I do however lube the coupling.!!

Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    I like to keep my balls clean and dry. I do however lube the coupling.!!
    Amen!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12