Gear options for new Mercury 150 ProXs four stroke

Serial 2b654962

Anybody happen to know the part numbers for the older verado 4.88 gears that would fit into the case of the new 150 ProXs? I believe 1.85 and 1.75 were options. Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Theoretically" it's possible to use 892595A05 and 8M0142891 as a 1.85 ratio gearset. However... the case would have to be re-shimmed, and built up under specifications for the 4.88 1.85 ratio (Verado 200-275) gearcases.

HOWEVER... before you make any changes or even consider going down this road, be sure to read the Owner's Manual WARRANTY and EXCLUSIONS sections. Modifying the product will adversely affect Warranty coverage.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you! Gear ratio stock is doable but Allison so light I will likely benefit a lot from changing gearing so I don’t have to run 30-32” props especially once it’s coned.