Help with Evinrude 200 vindicator

Looking for ideals of what is wrong with my motor 1995 champ with a 1995 evinrude 200 vindicator e200stleoa 25 pitch 4 blade prop only getting 4700 rpms new power head 98compression on all 6 new stator rebuilt carbs flywheel magnets good carbs open full perfect link n sync when I do a spark test all plugs removed get good spark to all but one cyl no spark but if I start it get spark to all 6 runs perfect just can’t get any more rpm also checked no air in fuel line filters all new bulb pumps up hard not sure what else it could be other than bad power pack timer base ohm test good any help or ideals would be a great help Thanx

2. Member
    4800 rpm is where my 1994 evinrude 200 would get to when it was down or partly down a cylinder on spark. i wound up replacing a plug lead.

3. Banned
    Is your battery in good condition and fully charged?

4. Member
    All new plug leads

5. Member
    Battery new and fully charged

6. Member
    Spark test should be done with the plugs installed, then test is at normal cranking over speed. Spark must jump a 7/16" gap.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 09-29-2020 at 01:19 PM.

7. Member
    I Get the same test results with plugs in or out

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Prop to pad setting? Checked timing and firing order with a timing light? Firing order is 1,2,3,4,5,6. #1 is top right facing the rear of the motor #2 is top left facing the rear of the motor.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool box View Post
    I Get the same test results with plugs in or out
    No spark on one cylinder at cranking, but when it starts spark on all 6 and the motor runs perfect, but only 4700 rpm. Listen to ChampioNman he will help you get it fixed, this is above my pay grade.

10. Member
    have you tried moving the sparkplug, coil and plug lead on the no spark cylinder to another cylinder to see if the no spark condition follows one of those parts?

11. Member
    Okay went out on a limb replaced powerpack now that cylinder fires just cranking the motor but I haven’t had a chance to stick in the water so we shall see