Thread: Motor Choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    [QUOTE=sowenssw;11403589]I ran all my own electronics. I pulled from the front deck to the center console, then I pulled from the console to the rear compartment. Not too bad, just need a good wire puller. (and make sure the batteries are disconnected). I currently have a 52" Ghost was running a 47" and never had an issue with the 47", but the 52" is nice insurance.

Where did you get the 52” Ghost? Are they available? If so, Where?
    Thanks
    Pete
    2001- 21XDC-300r
    Pete.

2. Member
    Guys before you go off the deep end check with your insurance about coverage with the the 300.
    Progressive Insurance after 7 years sent me a letter stating "The 2013 Bullet Boats 21 XRD
    can attain a maximum speed in excess what is allowed in our boat program. Therefore, this risk
    is unacceptable and we cannot continue your policy." My pick up and my wife's car runs faster
    than my boat. Are they next?
    Yes, I am changing insurance companies with everything I own.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Guys before you go off the deep end check with your insurance about coverage with the the 300.
    Progressive Insurance after 7 years sent me a letter stating "The 2013 Bullet Boats 21 XRD
    can attain a maximum speed in excess what is allowed in our boat program. Therefore, this risk
    is unacceptable and we cannot continue your policy." My pick up and my wife's car runs faster
    Progressive just did you a big favor. They are by far the worst insurance carrier in my area. I just had a claim on my marine insurance and when I went to get the estimate, the first word out of his mouth was you don't have progressive do you lol.

4. Member
    I had a 2017 Skeeter and loved the SHO, so yes that would be an option.

5. Member
    Progressive is terrible
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

6. Member
    There’s a very few places that will insure the 300, figured that out before I got mine while I was checking around. Even Bob on here everyone talks about only had 1-2 places and they were over $1300 a yr. Mine is with Farm Bureau.

7. Member
    I have a 19’ XRS with 300R 1.60SM. Yes hole shot can be challenging without a hydraulic plate. Current setup is 1.5” above pad 28 Bravo worked. With 2 guys, my fishing load and 1/2 tank of fuel I have seen 91 at 6350. I have also tried a 29 Pro Max out of the box and exact same scenario on same day I saw 91.6 at 6150 rpm. I do not have a hydraulic plate and the Pro Max is awful to get on plane the Bravo does pretty good. Also have been in a 21’ XRS 300 1.75SM with a Bob’s Hydraulic plate. The hydraulic plate makes holeshot a lot better since you can lower it to get on plane. Now 1.75 vs. 1.60. These two boats have been ran side by side. On a short run I cannot catch the 1.75 on a long run my 1.60 will eventually catch the 1.75 and even have a slight edge on top end. Still playing with both setups. I think a lot of people are not giving the 1.60 a chance, I know some guys have had issues with them but so far I like mine. When we test these boats we are testing them how they will be ran 90% of the time, not going to test for 10% of the time.
    2019 Bullet 21XRS
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Hmm, they haven't sent me anything yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12