Thread: Hda p0int 1

Hda p0int 1

Have two lknked together with a point 1... One unit quit readi ng gps signal i started and stopped couple times.... Other unit fine 🎟 what's wr ong

From reading your post, I assume the unit was previously reading the GPS signal from the Point-1 but stopped doing so. If this is the case and the other HDS is reading the Point-1 on the same NMEA net work it implies a problem with the network tee, drop cable or the HDS connector.
    I would check the cable first.
    Does the HDS read the internal GPS antenna? One of my HDS 9 internal GPS antenna modules went bad but it would still read the Point-1 antenna.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Ok. When i told unit to read interanl ot did but point one completely disappeared from options on both units... I unhooked it from t and reconnect it and blww it off and both went back to work... Do t normally go bad orwas it just wet

Both the Point-1 and NMEA 2000 network Devices are pretty rugged. A component failure in either is infrequent.
    I experienced erratic behavior in my circuit and it turned out to be missing a termination resistor.
    Your backbone should look like this:

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Both the Point-1 and NMEA 2000 network Devices are pretty rugged. A component failure in either is infrequent.
    I experienced erratic behavior in my circuit and it turned out to be missing a termination resistor.
    Your backbone should look like this:

Thanks. It's been working 6 years, I didn't see anything missing when i pulled it up to check. Perhaps just some moisture