Main Power issues

Fellow Nitro guys...
    Sold my 16 Z20 and just got a 20 Z20... Love the boat. (Motor is already broke in... was a demo boat with very low hours)

While running around 3/4 WOT on my first trip out my graphs suddenly went out.... both, same time... Sat the boat down and realized I couldn't trim... Main power was out.... tried and tried to get it back on and notta... ended up taking the panel where key and main power button is out and unplugged and plugged the power harness... Bingo... Worked... About an hour later while running... same thing.... but power came back on when I hit the button...

Yesterday took it back out and this happened about 8 times.... However I could not get the power to come back on after the last time.... I turn the main breaker switch off in the back and back on so I could have trim to load the boat.... after pulling out of the water I try power again and nothing...

I get home and bingo, works like a charm and I can't reproduce the problem....

My dealer is going to help me get this figured out.. He's a great guy and a good friend... But this is weird and I would love some input if anyone has had anything similar and what you did about it or if someone has ideas... Seems like it has to be simple but man is it frustrating....

Thanks in advance....

2. Member
    update:
    Appears NITRO has seen this a few times and they believe it to be the distribution harness that can be causing this...
    Hopefully this is the fix. Will post back once repaired with update... Mostly so if anyone else finds themselves in the same spot.

3. Member
    Had the same thing happen to my '20 Z21 the first two times out. I finally looked at the starting battery, the dealer failed to tighten the bolts holding everything on the battery.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

I had this same exact issue. First time was loose battery. And the 2nd time was the plug up fronton the Bow panel. What color is the housing around your bow switch? Gray is updated and black is the old style.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230